Saturday, November 18, 2006
Drama!
As in the performing art, not in our life. :) Some might remember that C was in a play this spring called Rowdy Kate. It was a very cute version of The Taming of the Shrew. She has always wanted to perform, and she loved every bit of it. She's such a drama queen in real life that it fits! Unfortunately, the homeschool drama group wasn't going to happen this school year as the instructor was heading back to teach full time. She offered Saturday groups, but honestly I can't do Saturdays very well. (I honestly hesitated signing her up for Upward basketball for this very reason!) My dear friend/wife of the Children's Pastor at church started working through the channels to get approval for a drama group to meet using our facilities. It took many months but she just got clearance! C will be so excited. This winter/spring will focus on learning the ins and outs of drama through games and small skits. Planning/practicing for a production will start in the fall. I'm a bit concerned as it means that between church, basketball, and drama she will most likely have four days booked out of the week which tends to make me a bit twitchy, but I think we can handle it. Afterall, if I piggy back it with the prep I have to do for lessons then it becomes multitasking. :D There's always a way...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
The drama classes sound fun. Multitasking during all these actiities sounds like a great plan.
I think it will be a blast. She loved the drama group last year, but this time she'll be with friends from church and other friends she knows so it should be even better.
Post a Comment