Saturday, March 31, 2007

Our weekend...

We've got a fairly packed weekend built up already. I've started it off with walking with "the girls" this morning. (We successfully sucked in another neighbor to join us!) I'm really starting to look forward to this part of the day, be it morning, afternoon, or evening. I did skip out Friday however because of a headache. We didn't have our pedometer on this morning, but we did a slightly longer version of what was roughly a 2.5 mile loop through the neighborhood, so I'm counting 2.5 miles. :)

There is yard work to be done at the church today, and although dh is going I think I might bail out. For some reason I haven't been sleeping good at night, so I'm hoping to catch a little nap before our afternoon plans. (I sleep for several hours and then get up fully awake, tossing and turning for a few hours, then I go back to sleep. If only my house didn't carry so much noise I could get something productive done in those hours! lol)

We've got a birthday party for C's dear friend Q today. She's very excited, though we still need to wrap the present. I'm good at buying it but then the wrapping always waits till the last minute. :) It is about an hour's drive from us, so we'll have some time to chat about math and science on the way. I'm trying to use any available moment so that I'm not adding to the list of things dh has to do because he's carrying a very heavy load at work lately.

Sunday is Palm Sunday! The start of Holy Week always gets me emotional. This is our first "Easter Season" at the new church, so it will be interesting to see what kind of mix we have for these services. The church has officially decided to change our title from a nondenominational church to a multidenominational church which truly describes it. Our week will consist of a Plam Sunday service, Passover Seder at my in laws, Good Friday service, and Easter Sunday service.

Other than that, I hope to work on the study guides needed to finish off our literature for next year. I'll be reading books and writing plans for a while, but I'll have a good chance at finishing one this weekend if I can carve out time.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Congrats on keeping up the forward progress on your walking ticker.

Sounds like your new church is working out well, that's very good news.

Stephanie said...

Thank you! It's moving. Now the contest will be to keep it moving! The church is working out very well, thank you. I'll have to post more about it soon. I just love it, and the best part is that dh does too.