Well, I made it through my first week and first weigh in! (Well, if you don't count the original "base line" weigh in... which I'm not!) I'm just thankful that I made it through without being hungry or having those typical diet cravings, and that I actually lost weight. This is huge for me because no matter what I've done I've not managed to do this in the past. I'm thrilled. Go join Weight Watchers. lol
Today was a good day. It looks like I won't have our babysitting boy regularly anymore because his dad is re-enlisting in the service. I'll have him probably two days a week so that his dad has some time to work on projects around the house as they ready it for sale. As many problems as we've had with one thing or another it will still be strange for them to be gone. We've had a lot of turn around (3 families in 5 years) in the house behind us, but not too much on our street (one new family only.) C spends a lot of time with his older sister so it will be a change for her. Luckily it will be several months at least, but still another change for the kid to look towards in the future. Thank goodness for the Internet and email so that the girls can keep in touch!
Because it was just us this morning we were able to do things the way that we'd normally do them. That meant that lessons started after breakfast and ended before lunch. I also learned that I need more help with geometry than I thought! Ah well, at least my kid will be well read. :) I'm thankful that we've decided to move to a program next year that is easier to teach! We'll muddle through this and then slow down for the summer even if we still do a few lessons a week.
I'm still loving the Drive Thru History dvd. We manage to watch an episode every few days. I've got two other dvds in the series on hold at the library though I think it will be a while till we get them.
Walking is still going well. I'm so glad to be able to do it. I did dig out some of my yoga tapes from the boxes in the garage for a good rainy day. I still need to come up with something good to do that I enjoy if I can't walk. My kid is getting good at biking the 3 miles that we walk. She was ahead of us today and I noticed that she's getting some muscles on her legs! Just call it PE! We're switching our walks to mornings, so I'll have to walk with her in the afternoon or get the bikes out after lunch. This is, of course, if I'm able to get up and actually walk in the morning regularly. I'm a little worried that I'll be begging my neighbors to move it back to the post-dawn hours. (For those who don't know, I'm REALLY not a morning person!)
I started going through nature study books today. There are a few that didn't look so good, and a few that really look good. We broke open the bird books and sat in front of the window watching some goldfinches today. I'd really love to have C research some local birds, maybe set up the right feeders and seed, track some sightings... I think she'd love a project like that. We might start there.
I've slowed down on our lesson planning but I hope to pick back up soon. We'll be at church tomorrow, and I've got a scrap book event to go to on Saturday (yes... I'm actually trying to learn!) but hopefully I'll be able to put some time in it this week. As always, I'll post it when I plan it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Congrats on the weight loss. I love to read about your school planning.
Oh good! I was starting to wonder if I posted too much nonsense. lol I'll keep adding to it then. :)
Congrats on your weigh in! I too enjoy reading people's school planning. Gives me a break from my own. LOL
Post a Comment