Friday, April 06, 2007

Morning update

It's 26 and FREEZING, but the sun is out. Life is good where there is sun. :)

Kid is still sick. :( She did sleep longer last night though... I actually got almost 6 hours sleep! Her temp went up a lot higher yesterday than I'd have liked, but it looks like it's down around 100.5 this morning. Here's praying that she feels better. She'll be so upset if she has to miss Easter service on Sunday.

DH is driving 2 hours south for a grill/smoker. Our smoker had an unfortunate demise a few weeks ago. The bottom literally dropped out. ;) It gave us 5 good years before grill cancer - aka rust - got it. After searching and searching my dh found that places just don't carry smokers up here like they do down south. (Of course I took this as an opportunity to tell him that maybe it's a sign that we should migrate to warmer weather. lol Not that we ever would - we're blessed to have almost every member of our family here in town, minus my two uncles a few hours away, and one of niece in Chicago.) He thought he'd have to drive to TN to get one, but he was lucky to find out at the southern border of the state. Yes, we are that picky! He doesn't use it so much in the winter because he tries to work more then so he can spend more time at home in better weather. But, we still use it several times a month. Once spring/summer hit, we use it more than the oven/stove. So, this was literally like my oven going out. I didn't quibble one bit when he wanted a new one.

Tonight is Good Friday service. This is our first one at the new church, and from what I hear they do a traditional "Dark" service where it is very introspective. It will be interesting to see. I just love Holy Week, from Palm Sunday to Passover to Easter. I just wish we felt better.

And, when I say we, I mean I'm coming down with something. I don't seem to have the fever that C has. It's more of a cold with me, but anyone who knows me knows that I'd almost rather have a fever than a cold. I don't do well with chest congestion, though since we've rid our house of chemicals I've not had the troubles with asthma that I had off and on for years. It's actually been better for me when I get sick too. I wonder if there really is a connection. For some reason my sciatica is really bothering me today, only it's on the left hip/leg and not the right like normal. Ugh. I've been so pampered to have relief from it for a while that I forgot how badly it hits. For years I had daily pain and I'm just hoping that it doesn't come back. I'm not sure what set off a flare up. I might have to see if I feel well enough to do some yoga and get in some good stretches not just these wimpy ones that I felt up to this morning.

Today's plan was going to include cleaning since the girls are coming over for supper on Sunday, but honestly, I feel crummy so I'm sure it will be more like baths, email, and curriculum searching because I can do that on the couch with C via the laptop. Then, if dh is up for it tonight, I might watch The Passion. We'll have to see how C feels since I won't watch it with her in the room, and she wants to be in the same room with us when she is sick. We'll have to see.

3 comments:

Char said...

OH NO! I'm so sorry you aren't feeling very well. Glad C's fever is down some.... hopefully she'll be all better by tomorrow.
Maybe the flare up is from not walking this week? You had been walking pretty regular and then all of the sudden you had to stop. Could that have caused it?
So sorry about your smoker. :( I'm glad you are getting a new one though. Even if he has to drive 2 hours to pick it up. LOL :)

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Praying you feel better QUICKLY. I'm sorry to hear that you are under the weather.

Stephanie said...

Thanks guys. Little did you know that I needed the prayers so much! :)