Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thursday...

Today has been an overcast day despite what the weather pixie has said. :) However, it's in the 50s! I hear that we're getting into the 60s tomorrow... here's hoping that I can open the windows this weekend.

Lessons are going well. We're in that spring time mode though where we're ready to start something new. I'm not sure quite how to spice things up since we simply need to finish out some things. We are still making our way through Patty Paper Geometry. LOVE it! I can see though how this would be more of a supplement for an older student. I'm picking up a big ol' stack of nature study books today from the library. Yes, I'm that much of a city girl that I require books to show me how to study nature. :) I'm hoping that I'll be able to get some plans put together and on the blog this week.

I received my teacher's manual for our Spanish program yesterday. I love it! It has great teaching tips for children of all learning styles, including visual spatial kids and kinesthetic kids. It's great. I haven't had a chance to really dig into it yet, but that's on the plan for tonight.

I added another mile and a half on the walking ticker. Every bit counts!

C is bursting through another growth spurt. Nothing fits! The scariest thing is that she can now ride my bike without difficulty! I need to measure her, but I don't think she'll have many more years (maybe one even) before she's my height. My guess is she's around five inches shorter than I am. :sniff!:

I made the moussaka recipe last night, and it was amazing! If anyone likes Greek food let me know, and I'll post it. The kid even liked it! I've got red peppers in the oven right now that will be made into roasted red pepper dip. I'll post a recipe if it is as good as it sounds.

More later - off to finish lessons. We love Nasa's science sites for kids. I think it will be a Nasa afternoon followed by some Drive Thru History on Greece.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

My kids seem to have all had growth spurts lately too. Trevor is about my height now and Hayley is closing in. Colin not all that far behind either. Tristan is still little. Everytime I turn around somebody has outgrown this or that. It's proving to be an expensive spring!