Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Wednesday

Today turned into a rainy day, and had I felt better I would have enjoyed it more. I like the occasional rainy day (though I'm dreaming of some sun about now!) I'm feeling better, but I can definitely say that I needed to skip church tonight. I'm giving myself through the end of the week to really get to feeling better before we start back on too many of our normal routines.

I'm sitting here watching Rachel Ray on the Food Network, and I just LOVE her. I needed a shot of her energy today! If you like her show (and you like cheese) you need to watch the episode where she makes a three cheese pizza. It's like stand up comedy! I'm channeling her fresh pizza vibe into the delivery that I ordered. (See above note about giving myself time to get better before normal routines happen.) I'm sure I'll pay the price with dd's hyperactive behavior that kicks in after take out and additives, but it was worth not standing or hacking up something slimy while cooking. I know.... lovely picture. :) I do miss cooking though. It's like therapy for me. I definitely think I'll have to cook something fun this weekend if I feel like it. We tossed a lot of really good smoked turkey into the freezer from last weekend, so I'm sure something good will come of it.

C played a lot today. I just love knowing that my now 10-yo still enjoys her dolls. :) There is enough time to grow up. I've been noticing a lot lately how she really doesn't seem to notice or care what other kids are doing. I think homeschooling and having a very wide friend base has really helped her avoid that peer mentality that is so prevalent in most circles today. I guess sitting around all day has gotten me thinking. :)

Dinner calls...

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better. We also like the rainy days around here....

Stephanie said...

I hope that you're feeling good as well. And congratulations again!!