Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Busy, busy

It's been a busy weekend for us here. :)

Friday night - The sleepover went well, but we had some issues... (The friend peed in my bed while they were watching Saturday cartoons. She failed to tell anyone, so I didn't find out until I slid into bed late Saturday night. Eww.....)

Saturday - We started the morning off with breakfast out. We try to do this once every month or two with a few neighbors, and it's been a while so it was really nice to get out. We had a great day scrapbooking! I've definitely got the bug now. I managed to finish all but the journaling in C's "school" book for this year. I decided to do a 7x7 of her school projects, field trips, friends and the like as a first project. I had so much fun! On a whim I snagged our wedding photos for project number two when we came home for a quick bite for lunch. All of the consultants had such a great lunch and dinner spread plus snacks, but we wanted to stay "on program" so we scooted home for a bite. (My friend is working her Jenny Craig, so we had each other for accountability that day!) I was honestly surprised though at how busy everyone stayed. Women mean business when they are at an all-day crop! I was just amazed to see all of the talent around those tables.

We came home at 7p after it was over, and my dear husband had dinner waiting on us. It was great. :) He ended up having neighbors over, so he had some fun with the guys in the back yard. If only the horseshoe pits had been prepped for the season! After eating we did yet another thing that we haven't done in a very long time... my friend, another neighbor, and myself all went to see Wild Hogs at the theater. It was hysterical! I don't know if it was the movie or just being out with friends but it was such a good time. I'm blessed that our oldest kid shares her free tickets with us (she's a theater manager), and blessed to have two good friends to get away with for a few hours... and a husband who agreed to it!

I don't think I've had a day with that much "grown ups only" activities in years. It was much needed with some of the stress that we've had lately with the business and such.

Sunday - Another busy day... we had church, only dh wasn't able to go because of a meat accident. :) When he took out meat from the deep freeze the night before he forgot to put the pieces back that he moved. So, instead of waking up to a roast we woke up to a roast, a leg of lamb, and some other piece of meat out of the freezer! Luckily it was cool in the garage so it was thawing but still very cold. He tossed it in the smoker and I brought the pastor home for lunch after service. They are becoming very good friends, so it was nice to just sit and chat. Later that night we had multiple families in the neighborhood over for a pot luck of sorts. Typically in the summers we'll toss meat on the grill and everyone will either bring side dishes or possibly meat to toss on for their family. I think we had 16 or 18 people in the yard. It's great to hear the kids play. Luckily we made it to nearly the end without any tears or arguments that needed parental intervention. ;)

And Monday... well Monday I was tired! I walked, the kid cleaned her room, and I got to scrapbook a little bit in the afternoon. I did manage to walk in the morning (and both weekend days as well), but chores and most of our errands got pushed off by a day so that we could just be at home.

Lessons - Copy work and spelling are at the top of the list since we can continue them without any break this year. We're winding down subjects and getting ready for summer. We'll start art appreciation this week or next (C chose Mary Cassatt first), as well as literature (C chose Swiss Family Robinson.) I was able to find our science next year for a great price - Apologia's EC General Science. I sent off the money order yesterday so I should have that in hand sometime next week. I'm still waiting on math, so we're not pushing a lot of math at the moment. We'll start that book this summer at half pace, so I'm not worried about taking a break from it.

Marc had the bad news come in yesterday that a business friend of his passed away in a sky diving accident, so the mood was pretty somber last night. It puts you out of sorts to hear that a 30-something with a wife and two young kids has passed. Prayers for his family are much appreciated. I didn't know him, but from everything I've heard over the years I surely would have enjoyed meeting him.

Now, I'm off to clean. :)

No comments: