Saturday, May 12, 2007

Doing nothing while constantly doing something...

I feel like we've been doing nothing since our routine is different, but we've been fairly busy lately. C had a sleep over last night. It started with one child from across the street and ended up with two more before the night was over. :) One went home about 10:30, so we had three in the morning. They had a blast. My favorite thing is when the weather is nice enough to have the kids out playing in the dark - chasing fireflies, playing flash light tag, etc. We got to have some fun last night (even if it was pretty hectic!) We're down to just one young one left playing here, and she'll be heading home in a few hours.

Today started off well with a walk and a new pedometer. I'm thrilled with it! I had the unfortunately toilet incident with my standard pedo, and the replacement did not work at all. (After walking our regular route plus all my daily steps it recorded less than a 1000 total. Uh, that seemed really off! lol) I picked up the Omrom HJ-112, and it's WONDERFUL. It's got lots of nifty things that are useful without feeling too much like a flashy gadget. I love most that it can actually accurately record your steps even if you carry it in your pocket or purse! Who would have thought. :) Now to just figure out what walking shoes I want. I've been having a blister problem the last week and I really think I've maxed out these shoes. My 100-mile goal will now serve as a marker for when I can get better shoes and a good pair of walking socks. The way I figure it if I am sticking with it enough to walk 100 miles then I'll stick with it enough to warrant new walking shoes!

Speaking of walking... My friend Jen in SD got me excited about the 2007 Woman Challenge. It starts tomorrow, so sign up! The goal isn't to make everyone meet a pre-designed goal but rather to have everyone reach a healthy and active lifestyle based on their own needs and goals. It is designed for girls and women ages 9 and up, but boys/men can participate as well. And, it's free! Take a peek and sign up! http://www.4women.gov/woman/

School took a backseat the last two days this week. I just couldn't concentrate. It was so pretty, we've not had many breaks this spring, and we're beginning new material without a break after finishing up the old. I know that C will have the first week of the local PS's summer break off without any lesson responsibilities, so I'm hesitant to take a break now like we usually do. We'll see what we decide to do. Either way, I'm set to have at least Monday off. We did make it to the zoo again this week. I just love getting in a routine where we are there regularly. It takes the pressure off of needing to see everything. And, walking in the sun is a good thing.

Today's plans include chores, chores, and more chores. DH is at a meeting that will hopefully be VERY productive and positive. Our pastor/new good friend has an amazing background in business, and they have some great ideas when they start talking. He is just one of those motivating and energizing personalities that make you want to jump up and do something. Hopefully that will carry on so that when he gets home my husband will want to jump up and help me clean the garage! ;)

My goals for today:

10,000 steps (I'm at 7615 at 10:07 am so I'm fairly confident this will work!)

Earn 3 more activity points (the goal for maintenance level with WW is to earn 28 activity points per week, so I'm trying to ramp up to somewhere near 21 right now. I think this way I'll be able to easily jump it up when the time comes.)

Plant flowers in the pots near the front door (They should at least be given the dignity to die in pots rather than the plastic flats from the flower sale.)

Clean the garage and car (The neighborhood garage sale is next weekend so if I even have a hope of getting something in I need to work this week on the garage.)

Clean the house. (It frightens me at this point. The next stage is skin crawling, and then comes crying. lol)

Eat some strawberries. (This requires me to go to the store which is the original goal, but it sounds better this way.)

I hope that everyone enjoys their weekend and Mother's Day! More soon...

3 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

That challenge looks fun, I'll have to check it out a bit closer.

Stephanie said...

It came from Jen, and she always finds the neatest things! Happy Mother's Day by the way!

Jodi said...

I've been considering a pedometer. Good to know that one needs to watch for unfortunate toilet incidents!