I've been considering a move from the Flex plan with WW to the Core plan, so I'm trying out some recipes this weekend and getting a meal plan together. Actually, I guess I should say that today I decided to switch after my weight in this week. There really isn't any contemplating left. lol I've been slowing down and feeling hungry the last few weeks, so in an effort to find the offensive item that I'm eating too much of I found a very scary thing... I've eaten more processed foods since starting WW than I have in the last year and a half to two years. :GASP!: I think that I was so worried that I'd feel deprived for some reason that I've been eating down all of the low cal/low fat snacks on the shelves. I don't know why using Core worried me in the beginning. I think it's the fact that there is a list of approved foods vs just looking up points. But, I really need to make the switch. Afterall, I miss my quinoa and I just don't want to allocate 4 points to it each day! lol I'm a grain girl. :) Core is definitely a "whole foods" plan and a life-long way of eating, and really very close to how we were trying to eat before. Silly me just got sidetracked.
So, in a search for Core-friendly snacks I found a simple idea of roasting garbanzo beans. Heat up an oven to 375, season your beans how you'd like, and roast them turning every so often to prevent sticking. Bake until crunchy (30 to 45 minutes.) That's it! I seasoned mine with granulated garlic, sea salt, black pepper, paprika, and a touch of cayenne pepper. YUM! I'm definitely going to have to make some of these for my mom. She's the salt/crunch queen, and I really think that she'd like these. I'm going to be on a search for different combinations. I really wanted to try the lime pepper blend that we have in the cabinet, but it was loaded with sugar so I'll just grab a lime and make them that way next time.
I'm in a foodie mood, and once I figure out what recipes we'll try this week (we like trying new things) I'll post a menu for the week. I'm going to try to start doing that in an effort to get organized and motivated. You thought I was trying to share, but I'm just using you to keep myself on track! he he he....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment