I tried a new recipe tonight. Even though dh and the kid didn't like it (and oldest kid didn't try it), I thought it was a hit for ME! :) I'll gladly finish off the left overs tomorrow. I served it under left over Mediterranean grilled chicken that dh made last night. Yum! I'm writing it out as I found it with my changes in (parentheses.) I found this on the Weight Watchers CORE message board, but it was credited to Cooking Light.
Greek Couscous Salad
(I served it warm though it says "best served at room temperature.")
6 TB vegetable broth
6 TB water
3/4 cup uncooked couscous (I used whole wheat couscous)
3/4 cup canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup chopped seeded plum tomatoes (crushed tomatoes, drained and squeezed)
6 TB (1.5 oz) feta cheese, crumbled (fat free feta)
2 TB of the following: red onion (I omitted), pitted/chopped kalamata olives (I omitted simply because I was out of pitted kalamata and didn't feel like pitting them!), fresh parsley (I used 1 TB dry)
1 TB of the following: red wine vinegar (I used balsamic), fresh lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil
1/8 tsp salt (kosher salt)
dash of freshly ground pepper
Bring broth and water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Combine cooked couscous with remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
Yield: 6 servings/ 3/4 cup each
Nutritional info per serving: CALORIES 181 (31% from fat); FAT 6.2 g; PROTEIN 5.5 g; CHOL 6 mg; CALCIUM 56 mg; SODIUM 373 mg; FIBER 2.7 g; IRON 0.9 mg; CARBS 25.8 g
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
sounds interesting! i like couscous a lot.
This was yummy! But, then again, I'm really heavily into Med/Greek food at the moment. Actually, that trend has been around for about a year. It's the Indian food kick that is new. lol
Post a Comment