Well, I've finally fallen victim to a blog challenge. lol De'Etta is running a challenge to work on your freezer this month. Here are my goals, and note that these are for both freezers:
1. Defrost the freezers
2. Clean out the old stuff, sort out the rest
3. Fill it with good things
4. Organize it all so that I can find things!
5. Set up an inventory system so I can make the freezer a useful tool
I could have said it all with, "Tame the scary place!" But, listing out a few goals will keep me on track. Unfortunately, I forgot to take "before" photos! It is mostly because I never intended on actually joining a challenge right now with everything that we have going on. I originally started with just taking an inventory so that I could head to the grocery store. I really need to whittle down the grocery budget at the moment so I thought I might just find some things that I didn't know I had. Half way through I started throwing out a few things. A few minutes later I decided to move a few things around. By the time I was working on the inside freezer it dawned on me that I had already started De'Etta's challenge without even knowing it! Hmm... maybe I'll have to join up with Lisa's "Back to School" challenge. lol Maybe I'll just tackle one at a time. :)
Here are my "during" photos since I don't have a before. The inside freezer looks SO much better already (which is a scary thought!) I need to focus on getting breakfast foods in there as well as quick meals. The chest freezer needs some work - make that lots of work. How does everyone actually organize their chest freezers? I'm wondering if I got baskets to hold things if it would help. More to consider...
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I'm trying to figure out how to organize my chest freezer also. Maybe like a spinning meat carousel?LOL
I used plastic milk crates to organize my chese freezer....
Hey - I think that the FREEZER thing could also be the Back to School thing - it will certainly make school easier..which is how I got started with the whole freezer thing. LOL
Ooh - milk crates! That's it! :) And I'm totally on board with it being a back to school project. Only, I can't add it in case I don't complete it. lol
But, I have to say that I like Lisa's spinning meat carousel idea just for the fun of it. lol
Just catching up on your blog today . . I am behind in reading everyone's on SHS :-)
Post a Comment