Friday, November 16, 2007

Holidays are almost here...

I've decided that this holiday season should focus less on toys that have no point and more on items that either involve family play or have some educational value. We usually buy a lot of things in this category, but we still get sucked into things that have no point (or are more along the lines of a typical Barbie type toy.) When I think about the gifts that she still uses from last Christmas they are the ones that fit this category. I'll have to watch, but I think we're starting to move more towards science and math interests than the crafty/arts focus from years past. I might have kits and chemicals in my future. Does anyone know about circuit set and such? C has been really interested in a book that uses various wires and a battery to make fans move, etc. I'm wondering if this is an area to play with. Decisions... decisions...

I really need to get our Advent activities together. We've slowly added activities in over the last few years, and it's really made a nice addition to how we celebrate Christmas. I like that the focus is on the meaning rather than the receiving. I'd like to pick someone to bless by secret gifts or some such thing. I have a particular woman from our church in mind. She hasn't been feeling well lately, and is someone dear to our hearts. I'd love to hear ideas on things such as this. If you've done something fun please share! (I fear I've lost all of my blog readers but Jen B after my L O N G break from blogging, but here's an invitation to comment anyway!)


No comments: