Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Busy, busy

Things have been so hectic around here lately! I know that the holidays are about family and being together, yet I feel like we're just together with other people and not our family. I need to slow things down. Next week will be a time that we can sit closer to home, bake and wrap presents, and just focus on the fun and spirit of the holidays. We usually start a Jesse Tree by now and are half way through our Advent study, but this year we focused on Hanukkah instead. We'll start our Jesse Tree this week, and I supposed we'll just double up on "leaves" each day. We simply need to find a good routine that is our own. I just couldn't handle doing multiple lessons on various celebrations. I have to admit though that this is one of the most relaxed and stress-free holidays that I've had recently! I supposed changing our routine worked out after all!

A quick run through of an update...

Saturday I was tied up all day and night with PartyLite - training, shows, and a starter show for a new consultant. I thought it was going to turn out to be a draining time for me, but my last event was at the house of our associate pastor from church. I had the most amazing night with his family. They shared stories of faith, sang in the most beautiful harmony I've heard in ages, and had a lot of prayer that I really needed. It was a night of soul speaking really more than work for me. I needed the rest and slept the best that I have since all of our trying times had started with the company. (We got great news last night though, so it looks like we might be able to keep the company open. Yea!)

Sunday we had church, and it was wonderful. We actually had upwards of 80 people in our service! That is huge considering we normally have about 50 to 60. I'm sure it will slow down after the holidays, but it is fun to have a full house now. We tried to make a drive through nativity at a local church, but the weather required a date change. We'll attempt that this weekend.

Monday was a fun day! C had a "Geometry of Christmas" math class that taught her about the geometry behind typical ornament shapes. She had a blast! Only in a group of homeschoolers would you have a tift of politics break out within a group of 9 to 11 year olds! The mom teaching the class said that it was hysterical. You have to love independent thinkers. I know for a fact that my kid isn't just parroting my opinions because she is vocal in support of a candidate that I am not supporting in the slightest! Now if I could only figure out a good way to teach politics to my 10 yo without inserting my own beliefs... The dilemma of being outspoken yet led to be unbiased. lol After the class our friends came over for the afternoon. It was great to have good conversation and good company.

And, that brings us to today... we have a huge field trip this afternoon to an art glass company. C is actually going to get to create her own blown glass ornament! Here's hoping we'll have great photos this afternoon to share.



No comments: