Sunday, January 27, 2008

A little bit about me

When you walk in your front door, which room do you enter?
You are right in front of the stairs, and the living room opens up to the left.

Do you have a dishwasher?

Yes - thankfully!

Is your living room carpeted or does it have hardwood floors?
The entire house (minus the kitchen and bathrooms) has the same light carpet in it that is original to the house. Unfortunately. :) It needs replaced. In my dream world we've added hardwood floors to most of the rooms, with tile in the bathrooms.

Do you keep your kitchen knives on the counter or in a drawer?
Counter, but the special cutters, bread knives, and such are in a drawer.

House, apartment, duplex or trailer?
House

How many bedrooms is it?

Three, but one is used more like a special storage/craft room.


Gas stove or electric?
Electric. I can't cook on gas.

Do you have a yard?
Yes, thankfully. We have two dogs. :) The house sits closer to the street, so our backyard is about three times the length of our front which we love. We don't ever sit in the front so I don't care how close I am as long as I have more space between me and my neighbor in the back.

What size TV is in the living room?
I honestly don't know. I think it's maybe a 27 or even a 19 - I'm not a good judge at size. We had a larger one but it blew a few months before Christmas so we pulled the tv from our bedroom to replace it. We don't watch enough tv so it isn't a priority to replace it.

Are your plates in the same cupboard as your cups?
Nope - dishes are near the stove, glasses are near the dishwasher/sink. But, our snack-related dishes are in with the glasses (parfait dishes, ice cream dishes, etc. Don't ask, but for some reason it makes sense in my mind.)

Is there a coffee maker sitting on your kitchen counter?
Most definitely. DH would not function if there wasn't.

What room is your computer in?
Several actually. DH has his desk in the basement with his desktop. I have a desk in the den with my desktop. My laptop basically lives in the living room. DH has a laptop that travels to the office with him so it ends up in the living room on weekends as well. Kid has an old laptop that floats. It doesn't have internet access so sometimes it's up in her room.

Are there pictures hanging in your living room?
I have six Ansel Addams prints in black frames with white mats. I have a double matted frame with two photos - one of my grandfather and one of my grandmother shortly after they were married. They are black and white photos that are tinted with something akin to Marshall oils. I have a black and white photo that I took of a friend in high school which spent some time in a student exhibit at the High Museum in Atlanta. The only two frames with color photos aren't hanging - one has a photo montage of our youngest kid a few Christmases ago that she gave us as a gift, and the other is a photo of me and dh at a friend's wedding a few years back.

Are there any themes found in your home?
Hmm... I have family photos throughout, and a lot of kid-made items. We have a quirky sense of humor... pictures of cows grazing next to the fridge. But a real theme? Probably not.

What kind of laundry detergent do you use?
Right now it's All Free and Clear, but I typically make our own powder.

Do you use dryer sheets?
No, we use liquid only in the winter. From Spring through Fall we use white vinegar in a fabric softener ball. The winter just has too much static for it.

Do you have any curtains in your home?
Yep - in every room except the girls' rooms. The youngest has a bamboo shade in her room, and the spare room (aka our oldest daughter's old room) there is a dark blue shower curtain with silver stars on it. It goes with the space theme painted on the wall (hey! A theme!) and works to block out light.

What color is your fridge?
Black - all the large appliances in the kitchen are black.

Is your house clean?
Clean yes,cluttered yes. However, the upstairs is a different matter. We really should take more time with it, but at least the common areas are clean!

What room is the most neglected?
Our bedroom and definitely the master shower. (I'm boycotting it - hubby is the only one that uses it so he can help me clean it. I start wheezing when I'm in close spaces with cleaners, even my "green cleaning" cleaners.)

Are the dishes in your sink/dishwasher clean or dirty?
Sink, dirty. Dishwasher, clean.

How long have you lived in your home?
6.5 years

Where did you live before?

southern Ohio till age 6, NW Ohio through age 8, WV through age 10, GA through age 24, and back to Ohio to present.

Do you have one of those fluffy toilet lid covers on your toilet?
Oh no, no no no.

Do you have a scale anywhere in your house?
One in the master bathroom.

How many mirrors are in your house?
5

Look up. What do you see?
The ceiling - average 9' ceiling with the typical spongy plaster look.

Do you have a garage?
A two car garage that only fits one car because of our junk!

Tag - you're it!

No comments: