Original recipe (my changes)
Enchilada Sauce
3 TB chili powder (1 tsp - we have mutant chili powder that I picked up ages ago. I can't read the bag so I'm not sure what type it actually is. lol)
3 TB flour (whole wheat)
1 tsp cocoa powder (I doubled the recipe but tripled the cocoa)
1/2 tsp garlic salt (1 heaping tsp granulated garlic and a pinch of sea salt)
1 tsp oregano
3 cups water (I doubled the recipe and only used 4 cups water - we like it thicker than normal)
1 8 oz can tomato sauce (I doubled the recipe and used a 15 oz can)
Combine all dry ingredients in a pan. Stirring constantly, slowly add enough water to make a thin paste. Add the rest of the water stirring to avoid lumps. Cook over medium (to medium high), stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Stir in tomato sauce. Adjust seasonings if needed.
I put the remaining sauce into the freezer, so we'll see how it holds up. Hopefully this will be one that I can tweak just a tad and keep on hand. My goal is to stock the freezer with some of these "convenience" items so that dinners will go faster. Here's hoping!





No comments:
Post a Comment