Some highlights of the weekend (through Tuesday - call it a long weekend!)
~ New friends came over for dinner Saturday. We had a wonderful time of fellowship before they leave for Israel this Sunday. If you happen to read this on Sunday or Monday please pray for the group from our congregation who are traveling.
~ DH had a relaxing Father's Day. He was able to nap... three times. :) It was a good thing.
~ DH has been moving his things home from the office. The house is packed to the rafters with office doo dads that have yet to find a home. But, we have a new laser printer and a new "all in one" printer/scanner/fax that we can use as well. This is also a good thing (plus it's nice to have him working at home again!)
~ We spent a few hours talking with the Rabbi from our congregation on Monday. What fun it was because he was hysterical, and very encouraging as well. It was great to get to know him more and ask more questions about the congregation, etc. I really love it there as does DH and the kid. Again... good thing.
~ The little one that I babysit came back from vacation. He's not feeling well (congested/cough), was sick on the road (fever for days), and is worn out. This is not a good thing. I'm still trying to decide if we will continue this situation. He's a doll and I love him to pieces. He's really become family. However, I'm finding it hard to juggle some of the things that we need to do with C this year along with his schedules and now his speech therapy that I'm helping shuttle him to and fro. But, he's like family and I just don't see another way for his mom and dad to have him there if I don't help with the driving. DH says I need to work on realizing that it is not my problem. But, aren't we supposed to help take care of each other? This is a confusing thing.
~ The kid is having a ball in summer camp this week. We're on a vacation from school and will pick back up with our creation/dinosaur unit on Monday. I'm a little bummed that she is the only one her age there (the rest are all younger), but she's having a good time. This is being held at a Christian dance school with a former homeschooler as the artistic director and main instructor. I love it! We're looking at the options of having C take classes there this fall if that is what she wants to do. We just found another equestrian center in town that we didn't know about, so I might check into that because she's missed her riding lessons for years. We'll just have to see how the business goes, how much things cost, and what the schedule - as well as our potential move - looks like. What fun to have options!
I think that takes care of the big things. I've been working on more digital layouts and trying to find a way to organize my digi scrap files. I'm about ready to start having some printed. I might try sending one file to several different printers to compare quality. Or, I might just try several prints at one location. I'm hoping to have an order in by the weekend somewhere. We've also got a friend's son (dd's best friend) coming over for a bit tomorrow so she'll skip camp for a day. They will be back this weekend for dinner on the patio which will be too much fun.
I also hope to get some work done on some upcoming units. I'm still not sure what we'll start with. I just joined another yahoo group that focuses on creating a unit study by contributions to a single topic by members. So far it looks promising. The current topic is World Geography which is on our list, so I might wait until the finished product is compiled for the group in the next few weeks so that I can build our unit around that. I'll post about the group once I see the first unit (or feel free to email/comment if you want info earlier.) They've been established for a while so it seems like they have their routine down pat, but I like to really know the group before I start recommending it. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment