Several years ago we were teaching our children's class one Sunday morning at church. That day these little second and third grade kids were learning about persecution. God touched my heart that day, and since then the idea of believers being persecuted for their faith in today's world has just broken my heart. Recently I've added a banner to Voice of the Martyrs to my blog. My goal is to blog about this subject on a regular basis, though I admit that I haven't done such a quick job of it. Today I received an email asking us to pray for China during the Olympics. The following is an excerpt from that request... I pray that it speaks to your heart...
Despite what you may hear in the news, Chinese Christians who refuse to register with the government controlled church are being persecuted. Many have undergone horrific suffering.
Recently a prominent representative of a group of house churches in China asked Christians throughout the free world to pray for China during the Olympics. The Voice of the Martyrs, in partnership with China Aid Associates, has accepted that call and has produced the Olympic Prayer Band.
Please, follow this link to the special offer from VOM. If you would like to pray for China during the Olympics VOM will send you a prayer bracelet for FREE. What will only take a few moments of your time will be eternally important to someone that you will most probably never meet.
Our prayers are with believers of China (and other areas around the world) who are not able to worship with the freedom that we have here.
More on this subject when I'm feeling better...





3 comments:
I will go check out their site. I haven't been there in awhile, so it was a good reminder. We take for granted how blessed we are here in the US, and yet we so desperately need to revival, will some believers ever wake up?
Blessings on you day, hope everyone is feeling better this morning.
Katia
Have you read the "Jesus Freak" books? They are a great reminder as well...
Love you guys and hope you're feeling better!
Katia - I'm right there with you! We need a big shake up, but if you look at how things are going in the economy and society, the rise in teen pregnancy, etc, I hope that it will start turning people toward God once again. One can pray...
Jen - I haven't, but I'll add them to my reading list. Good? Love you too! I read up on your blog but just felt so crummy the other day that I didn't comment on anything.
And thanks for the well wishes guys! We're seeing improvement, definitely, but it is slow.
Post a Comment