We decided this year with gas prices the way that they are (and clients that are a slow pay... plus me missing two full weeks of babysitting!) that in lieu of a vacation we would have a STAY-cation
ala Brent. We're addicted to
Corner Gas, a Canadian comedy about the happenings surrounding a small farming town. The main character takes stay-cations. However, instead of vicariously visiting the locations, we're simply taking time to do what we want around here. We're actually focusing on
geocaching and various fun, hidden gems. We've found old schoolhouses, waterfalls, farmer's markets, Native American history sites, and more. I'm also coming up with a ton of ideas for unit study topics! I'll post descriptions and pics when the fun is finished, but for now, I'm heading to bed so that I can get some rest before another fun day tomorrow.
(Prayers for health would be greatly appreciated. While I was run down from the last bug I think I picked up something else in addition to the virus that I had before. I finally broke down and agreed to take antibiotics, and I'm feeling better slowly. I'm not letting it stop me, but I'm also trying to make sure that I take care of myself between the fun. Tonight I am feeling better than 24 hours ago, so I'm praying that it continues. And yes, I'm going to be working on strengthening my immune system!)
2 comments:
Prayers for you to feel better and also a fun Stay-cation!
Thanks! I feel great, and it was such a fun weekend!
Post a Comment