We're currently praying for China along with many others from Persecution.com. (We're also tying this into our unit by learning about various missionaries that have gone to China over the generations.)
We're also going to commit to praying for the people of Indonesia for the next 31 days. The people at 10/40Window.org have made it super easy for you to pray with them. And, what a great way to teach your children not only about the power of prayer but also of geography and cultures as well.
Starting today, and every day for the next 31 days, you can return to this calendar to read about different people groups in Indonesia. You'll learn who they are, what their lives are like, what they believe, and what their needs are. These descriptions were written by Indonesians and their advocates who are thankful that you would join them in praying for their people. (This is the first of four prayer calendars we plan to post for Indonesia.)
Don't worry if you are reading this several days or weeks after it has been posted. The beauty of their calendar is that you can start it on any day! Simply visit the site through the link above and pray. There is also a prayer calendar for Nepal as well if you are led to pray for the people of that area as well/instead.
I've been reconsidering the things that I would like to do with my time, just as I mentioned in a previous post. I'm spending some time thinks week reorganizing so that next week I can hit the fall off right. This is something that I would like to dedicate time to each day... prayer for those in other regions of the world, prayer for those in my neck of the world, and prayer for those who are persecuted.
1 Thessalonians 5:17: Pray without ceasing.





1 comment:
I keep trying to get far enough ahead to start the fall off right, but so far my desk is still piled high with things needing attention! School better make it to the top of the list SOON!
Post a Comment