I've spent the last hour nearly crying. It was a lot harder than I thought. He was super cuddly today. I told his dad that I cheated... we watched tv so that he would snuggle. :) Hey, it was my last day so what would it hurt! His dad was so nice and kind when he picked him up. His thanks almost seemed too much, but I know that he was so genuine. (I just don't take compliments terribly well!) I'm hoping to see them soon. We'll have zoo dates and park dates. They like to grill, and my husband is a smoker king (his chickens in the smoker are fabulous!) So, I think we'll have to invite them over soon.
I know that this is a good move for everyone. He's growing up and will love having a room full of kids to play with. He'll also be in half day preschool for speech therapy three days a week. I just don't have it in my schedule with the kid to allow me to drive him there. (It's across town.) I know that my kid needs her time to be in the co-op and make some more friends, not to mention she will be starting Hebrew school next month.
But, it's still sad. And I need to stop crying...





7 comments:
Goodbyes are hard. I'm sorry you are sad.
Thanks, Dorothy. I'm feeling better after the weekend. Tomorrow will seem strange though! (He was here Tuesday through Friday, so today was my normal "day off.")
It is hard to have changes like this happen. I remember when my oldest was in day care & we switched him out at 18 months to one closer to where I worked. That was hard I'm sure. Then he was there from 18 months until 4-1/2 when I started staying home. I still send her daycare provider a yearly Christmas card with a photo. That "baby" is now almost 12!
We used to send cards to the woman that kept my 11yo when she was a baby. She was there with us during some hard family times, so she became family. She got older and we lost track of her after some moves. I still think about her though!
awwww that sort of change is hard, he sounds like a great little kid.
He is a sweetie. I'm still getting teary. But, I'm glad that we'll have more time to spend on things that C wants to do, too. It's just hard to do some things when they aren't yours if that makes sense.
Even good changes are hard.
Post a Comment