My question is, with all of the things on our schedule at home how does one make sure that there is time for our own interests?
I've never been a scheduled person. When I say that I am working on a schedule for fall what I really mean is that I'm planning out what we want to do each week. We have some things that are done daily, but I'm not a math at nine type of mom. We know what we have to do, and as long as it is done by Friday night (or Sunday afternoon some weeks!) I'm good. I need to learn the scheduling skill. I'm obviously missing this gene (or it went dormant after I became a mom!)
Are to-do lists the way to go with time scheduled for myself under headers such as crochet, reading, or genealogy?
Do you schedule everything else and use any left over time for things of fun?
How do you handle this in your life? I'd love to know because I need ideas! For now, I think I'm going to attempt to have all chores done by noon so that I can spend early afternoon having an hour of fun. I'm good at scheduling chore days. Maybe that's a start. :)





3 comments:
I never conciously thought much about it but I guess I consider "my time" late afternoon. I'm not very scheduled but I always planned Homeschool stuff in the mornings or very early afternoon. Cook our main meal mid day. We are self limited for outings to before 2:30 pm because that's when my DH takes the car to work. Supper and bedtime stuff is later but I tend to take that time from about 3-5 somewhat as my time. Not always it's just the natural routine that has evolved for me over time. Is there a time in your day when you seem to naturally have time to youself??
Jodi - late at night. lol That's usually the only time that I have that is just for me unless I purposely take it. C goes to bed by 9 or so during the school year, and dh crashes early. So, I guess I could have night time!
I don't really have much "me" time. I try to scrapbook for a couple of hours once a month, but usually that takes a back burner to other household chores unless I schedule some friends to come over and THEN it will happen (LOL). I try to take 5-10 minutes here and there throughout the day to lock myself in the bathroom and read a few pages from a "fluff" (as in non school) book. With 4 busy kids, a home business, church, and other life things there just isn't much "me" time right now in this season.
Post a Comment