Seven random things about me:
1. My husband is 14 years older than me, which is only 7 years younger than my mother, and my oldest stepdaughter is only 10 years younger than I am which makes me a 34 yo grandmother. Yep... I get stared at in public. :) But, I love every minute of my family.
2. I grew up a child of divorce when it wasn't typical, so I grew up telling my mother and everyone around me that there was no such thing as normal and that it was just some contrived idea. I think it made me feel better. lol
3. I absolutely love boiled peanuts. They are my most favorite comfort food. One of my favorite memories is getting cans of them from my great uncle who was, among other things, a peanut farmer. I miss living in a place where you could stop by a corner market and get a bag of fresh boiled peanuts while they were still hot. Man, I miss the South!
4. I mimic accents without even realizing it. My mom's family is as southern as southern can be, and my father's side is far from it. They weren't too thrilled with my sweet southern accent so I would have to pronounce words differently there. To this day my accent comes and goes depending on who I'm talking to. lol (My mom does this too, so I blame her. kidding!)
5. I'm insanely scared of snakes. I can walk into the reptile house at the zoo now, but don't even ask me to touch one!
6. I'm an immersion learner (who is probably ADD along with it. :smile: ) My husband said that at first he thought I was flaky, but now he realizes that I just dive into a subject until I've learned what I need to learn. I go headstrong for a while and then move onto the next subject. It makes things sometimes frustrating but always interesting for my husband since I also process things by talking about them! Poor guy hears a lot of things...
7. My perfect vacation would be driving to the Grand Canyon or Yellowstone National Park or Niagara Falls. I always wanted to take those "stereotypical" family vacations. You know the ones.... the vacations that the kids in movies complain about. I don't get thrilled with flying, but more importantly you can stop and see so much more if you drive. We love to hit mom and pop shops, so when you drive the experience is just extended so much. One of these days we'll go...
So there are my seven! If you are reading this and would like to play just comment so I can go read your list. :)
I'm tagging:
Sheri
De'Etta
Dorothy
Cynthia
Lee, I'd love to see YOU do this one, but I won't ask you to work it into your business blog. lol
Thanks, Lisa! That was fun! I can't wait to learn more about everyone. :)





4 comments:
Eeek, Stephanie, you mean there are still things people don't know about me???? LOL!
I enjoyed reading this! I may not get around to filling this out and playing along...am a busy, busy mama :)
Boiled peanuts?????
When I get a moment to breathe, I may surprise you with a list.
Ok. I'm working on my seven things list and will post it later today! THANKS! That was fun and it gave me a reason to share some things I might not have mentioned otherwise.
Post a Comment