I'm still plugging away at my purse. I've kept up with the challenge to be creative every day. I picked up some neat things to use with projects from the clearance aisle (using some creativity in finding new uses for them - including a sheet set for $4.98 that will make an wonderful spring bag among other things!) And, I've finished the first round of stitching on my bag! I'm very excited. The next step is felting, then comes a few darts for shape, then comes the lining, and done. I can't wait. It's starting to really take shape and look good. I'm looking forward to seeing what the stitches look like after felting. I've never worked with merino wool before, so it's a fun experiment. I'm down with a bug though, so I'm not so sure how much work I will get done tomorrow. (I have to say that this is my first bug since late fall when we started making major changes in our diet. Yippee!)
I also wound my hanks of alpaca yarn that I picked up today at the farmer's market. Oh. My. Word. It is now my favorite fiber ever. It felt so good in my hands that I'm going to have to be really choosy about how I use this. I'm determined not to waste a drop of it. If anyone has a fabulous knit (easy) or crochet (easy to advanced) patter for it drop me a comment.
I love fibers of all sorts. Yarn. Fabric. It's all good.
2 comments:
I also like to have a knit or crochet project going on to keep my hands busy while I'm supposed to sit with the kids for school work.
I'm the same way. I like to have a project going when we are sitting around. I tend to like to keep my hands busy, and that's the best way to do it. :)
Post a Comment