Tuesday, January 02, 2007

It's official...

The holiday season is over at my house. I've still got a few odds and ins to wrap up, but the tree was taken down and the nativity packed away. C planned on leaving it out a bit longer, but I thought with babysitting tomorrow the less that was left out the better. We did move the popcorn strings from the tree to the bushes outside for the birds though. (I don't think they will care that the popcorn is a bit stale!) I always think of our oldest when I see the popcorn on the tree since it was her idea to start the tradition in the first place. In this case it is definitely a good thing to be remembered as the person responsible!

Our day was fairly full of just cleaning up. I managed to drink quite a bit more water than I usually do so there is one check in the health column. I tend to be a water and sometimes hot tea drinker, but I do tend to forget to drink if I'm busy. I can't blame it on anything else because I don't drink soda or even milk! I ate a good lunch, but still didn't exercise. I guess in my case lifting tree parts and carrying boxes was exercise. (Let me fool myself one more day...)

Our first lesson in the Ancient Israel unit is printed and ready for tomorrow. It's a review lesson - or appears to be - on Abraham's life so we may focus on possibly mapping his journey, etc. We'll see how we feel tomorrow. I'm not sure who will have a harder time at starting lessons again, me or C! I think that we'll start with history and math, and work science in next week. I still haven't decided exactly how we're working in science, but it will be figured out at some point. It will have to be more hands-on simply because book work isn't working for her at this stage. (Well, it's more like it still isn't working for her because she's always been a hands-on learner. Why on earth I thought it would be different with one subject this time around still confuses me.) C got a Fly Pen for Christmas along with the cool packs for math, composition, and spelling. It's so neat! I'd love to work those in since it gives it a bit of a "spin" from the normal routine while still getting the work done.

No comments: