C and I are both fairly healthy now (she had the remnants of the chest congestion that will probably last another week, and I am feeling pretty good though I still tire easily.) However, now M has it! Ugh! Here's hoping he can get over it quickly and easily. It makes it a bit more difficult during the day because he doesn't like napping upstairs, which means that I need to be quiet as he sleeps in the living room. (Hence the posting right now and the kid playing upstairs...) I'm hoping to get some cleaning done today, so he might have to hike it upstairs anyway! The kids I babysit for are sick with strep now too, and so is their dad. Here's hoping that if the majority of us end up on antibiotics we can beat this bugger.
C has drama today, and I am in desperate need for food and clean clothes. We made a run to the store yesterday. I love it when the pet store has holiday toys on sale for a $1! My dog doesn't care if he's playing with a Christmas tree in July, so it's all good. :) I also discovered that Meijer carries a larger selection of organic products than I thought. I still can't buy nearly enough produce to make it a weekly stop, but I might be able to add it in if the prices are competitive. I really need to start a price spreadsheet to compare some things.
Lessons are going well. C just loves this new approach to our units. It is just enough of a change where she truly feels self directed, but still has a foundation and structure to follow. She's decided that she wants to use our hands-on phase next week to focus on how people lived, so we'll be making a lot of food, sewing some, probably doing a lot of "practical" projects. I think it will be a good week to focus on how people worshipped as well. We might have our first "Sabbath meal" if everyone is feeling well too. (I got M to say that he'd participate if we started... we'll see if he does!) This week she's focusing on her time line project. We thought that it would be a nice way to fold in her first research along with the time line assignment. I thought it might make it a little easier. I'm trying to guide her a bit more without her realizing it so that she can get some wings before she becomes too responsible for planning projects on her own. She's studying the kings (David, Solomon mostly), the period of the Judges, through exile, captivity, the Persian/Hellenistic/Roman periods, oh - and the Maccabean period too. She'll research, chart on a time line, and probably create some sort of book of facts. I'll try to remember to actually take pictures of it so I can post them. Eventually I'll have photos of something that we've done! :)
M is awake, so I'm off to get a jump on the day. I feel like morning has passed me by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I'm glad you guys are feeling better.
We're getting there. :) Here's hoping that you are too ye woman of the kidney stone.
Sounds like the changes you've made in homeschooling are going well.
Glad to hear that you're both feeling better. I enjoyed catching back up on your blog. I'm sometiems getting errors with my comments though, ho[pefully they will go though!
Thanks, Jodi! We're having a blast. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this weekly rotation idea works out. So far so good!
I hope the errors worked themselves out because I love your comments!
Post a Comment