It's been way too long since I've updated. We've just been swamped. I'm off to church in a half hour, so here's just a short run down...
School - Still plugging away though we're having a hard time getting motivated after the holidays. I'm always in this situation... need the break, but the break brings havoc on the schedule.
Church - Still feeling pressured and tired. I'm there now three days a week since C has started participating in a new drama group that just started. It was offered by the wife of our Children's Pastor, then it became an outreach evidently of the church. I'm a little confused on that. Either way, I'm feeling pulled and tired. My kid is still getting picked on by a few bullies. I guess if you don't get them in school you get them somewhere. I just wish it wasn't church. :( I'm also in a quandary over some of the things that I'm studying and reading. I need to find someone else who has studied it a bit more than me.
Babysitting - It's getting better. The whining is getting better, but he's still slightly demanding when he wants to be. It's the famous line... when he was good he was very, very good, but when he was bad he was horrid. It's more that he evidently gets away with whining and gets babied at his house, yet at my house it's a totally different world! We're all adjusting well. I'm on a better morning-time schedule which is helping, and we're slowly getting into a good school routine. (I've discovered that he LOVES sitting in our our Bible study!)
Speaking of Bible, we're studying Ruth this week. My kid asked if we could because she loves the story of Ruth, and it turns out that she's been studying it on her own when I didn't realize that she was studying on her own at all. That was a good moment this week!
Work - Things are busy but looking up for DH at his office. Things are slow but steady with Lia Sophia. Here's hoping that it takes off soon because I really need it to go. I had a great November, but after having December off it's a slow start to get it going again. Here's hoping I have a good turn out to my Open House that's coming up soon to announce the new catalog.
Family - Kids are good. Husband is good. Life is good. :) Just tired! C's first basketball game is coming up on Saturday. We're thrilled because my cousin plays college ball and will be in town with her team for a game the same day. This also means that her dad (my uncle) will be able to come down for the afternoon too. We'll go to the pee wee's game, eat, and head to the big kid's game. A day of basketball indeed, only made better by a visit with family.
Hopefully I can update more later. I still need to type up some things about the books that I've been reading. Here's a question... if something says it's to be done "forever" in the OT, yet we don't practice it now, would one thing it was just lost along the way? I'll write up more later, but my mind is trying to make sense of a few things. If our God knows all, sees all, and understands all, then wouldn't His "forever" really mean forever? A glimpse into how my head is working and what it's crunching these days. Another conversation for another post...
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment