This week has been cold! Today it's -2 as I type. Not my favorite at all! I miss Georgia weather. But, at least we have sunshine, and that is really what I hope for in winter. This year hasn't been as bad as winters past I don't think. The gray hasn't eaten me up so it's a success. (The cloudy, overcast, gray that is winter tends to get me under the weather if I don't watch it.) We got snow on Tuesday, and it's so pretty. :) I love fresh snow because everything just looks so festive and clean - that is until the slush and muck start. But, for now it's still very pretty.
However, that snow also caused a bit of chaos to pop up in our week. On the way home from work Tuesday evening my dh was hit head on by a drunk driver just down from our neighborhood. Thanks be to God, he was safe. His very big Dodge 4-door pickup was hit by a tiny little Firebird or some such car. We're still not sure how this guy managed to drive away (hit and run) but he did. A very kind Samaritan followed him and was able to call the police when this man pulled into his driveway. They arrested him for being under the influence and leaving the scene. We're hoping to find out tomorrow with the police report that he had insurance. We don't have word on the truck yet, but we're hoping that the damage isn't severe. We got a very good deal on this truck a few years ago, and it's got a lot of life left in it even if it doesn't have driver's side front wheel anymore. ;) The wheel folded completely under the truck so it's sort of nose-down at the moment. Again, he's ok, not hurt, and was close to home. Life is good even if the car isn't.
An update on the church situation... I think it's pretty evident that we'll have to seek out a new congregation. I do not relish this part, though it will be nice to sort of evaluate what we'd like to have in a church now that we've changed a bit along the way. (I'm looking for positives in a bad situation to try to make it have less of a sting... just humor me. lol) I was sent an email yesterday that let me know that they felt the situation was under control, and that they support several decisions that we find harmful to our kid. I just can't handle that. This child has been a target for too many people in her little life time, and I just can't watch her go through it when I have the power to change the situation. I just don't see it as the "persecution for our faith" that they claim it to be. I just see it as bullying. Oh well - not to drag up gossip here. Just say a prayer that the transition goes well. I have to figure out how to move out of teaching positions when staff is short anyway. Not a good situation!
Prayer are also helpful for my uncle as well. He's having back surgery in just a few hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Glad your dh is fine! That had to of been scary! Hope the guy has insurance too!
It wasn't a fun phone call, but it was fine once I really realized that he was ok!
Whew. What a day your family had!
Glad your dh is fine.
Praying for the church transition.
Thanks De'Etta - prayers are really appreciated! I'm needing them...
Oh no so sorry to hear about the crash but glad he's ok!
Post a Comment