Thursday, February 08, 2007

Mexican Lasagna

This is a great recipe from Trader Joe's Market. We tasted it as the sample yesterday during our shopping trip, and the kid wanted it for supper tonight. It's super fast to get together. I felt like I was cooking something off of a Rachel Ray show. :) I've added my changes. This turned out to be a very Mexican meal week because we had enchiladas on Tuesday. I just LOVE making enchiladas!

Trader Joe's Mexican Lasagna

1 package corn tortillas, chopped (I used the Sun dried Tomato and Basil flavor, and might try the whole wheat next time.)
1 package Chile Chicken Strips, chopped (any cooked/seasoned chicken will do)
1 can black beans, drained
1 container Sour Cream (low fat)
1 jar Salsa Verde
1 package Mexican Shredded Cheese or other blend (I used about 2 cups of mixed cheeses)


Heat oven to 375*. Mix chicken, beans, sour cream, and half of cheese in medium bowl. Spray a rectangular pan. Use half of the salsa to coat the bottom of the pan. Layer: one third of the tortillas, half of the chicken mixture, one third of the tortillas, remaining chicken mixture, remaining tortillas. Top with the remaining salsa and cheese. (I then topped it with black olives.) Bake for 50 minutes covered.

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

This looks good. I'm going to have to remember to come back and grab the recipe. LOL

Stephanie said...

It IS really good, and it reheats well the second day. The test next time will be to see if it freezes well too. If it does, it will be great to make because it comes together super quick and hold's it's shape well. I could see this going into the freezer in batches.