Thursday, March 29, 2007

Our Wednesday...

I'm a day behind in title, but quite a few days ahead if you go by the latest blogging patterns! :) Wednesday was a good day, and while it could have been a touch warmer with a bit more sun, we had a nice afternoon to walk with friends. C was trying to roller blade with us as we walk, though she just doesn't have the speed so we had to round the block for her bike. Between our walk Tuesday afternoon, an additional walk Tuesday evening, and a walk Wednesday afternoon, my neighbor and I have walked 6.5 miles so far this week. I'm thrilled. She said that she's going to be my conscience and force me to do it when I don't want to walk! lol We have another friend/neighbor that is walking with us too as her busy realtor schedule permits. We've been in this neighborhood for almost 5 years, and though we've had friends around us before we're finally making friends that extend beyond the backyard and cookouts. (crossing fingers no one moves for a while!) I've got a great circle of friends in town, but we're so spread out. It's nice to have a few in walking distance, too!


The rest of our day was filled with lessons and church. We've been tired this week, so we're taking it easy and limiting ourselves to reading/book work. (Book work in our house is vastly different than in others I'm sure. For us it means reading and researching on the couch while skipping all of the project/hands on work.) I don't think that we're having spring fever or fighting illness as is usually the case with our tired days. I think we're just worn out from a busy week and a half of field trips and such. We'll be back on task next week. Today C is just lost in her book, so I'm letting her use the morning for free reading. I love seeing her lost in a character, and she really is this time because every 30 minutes or so I get an update on what Enola is doing. I didn't preread this series, and I didn't even search reviews which isn't like me, but C is getting old enough that she typically tells me if something is too mature for her. I can't say that I "personally" recommend these books, but she most certainly does! I think this might be a Sherlock Holmes summer, which I'm sure her daddy will love. For those interested: The Case of the Missing Marquess: An Enola Holmes Mystery

I'm very glad that we've restructured our history and decided not to push through Greece to finish Rome by June. That takes a lot of the pressure off! (And I've very blessed to have a husband who is always open to evaluating what we're doing and open to changes that need to be made too!) So far I haven't had second thoughts of abandoning our set plan. I think all of the bumps in the road over the last year+ have just been God's little stepping stone to ease me into letting go of plans. So far, with our church situation and switch, our business upheaval, and school changes, we've had to realize that plans only get you so far. It's been a lesson in letting go for me, and when you pair that with my on-going lesson in contentment that I just can't seem to learn it tells me that it's either going to be a very good or a very trying year for me. ;) :wink:

No comments: