We will occasionally use the writing assignments if needed, but the main focus of her writing instruction will come through her creative writing course. (This year's focus will be on creative writing rather than report writing.)
Here's the LINK to the website. It contains printable handbooks in pdf form for grades 1 through 6.
Copy work - daily (also functions as C's memory work selection for the week - more on that in a new post...)
Selections for copy work will be chosen from the Bible and from her history, science, and literature reading. Most selections will be chosen based on that week's reading or for a selection that highlights any grammar issues that she needs to review. However, the following will be used as well:
Psalm 1; Matthew 5:1–12; 16:16; Mark 10:42–45; Luke 19:10; John 3:3, 16–18; 5:24; 10:7–16; 14:6; 15:13; Acts 4:12; 16:31; Romans 3:23; 4:5; 5:6; 6:23; 10:9, 10, 13
*Note: I edited this post to add the link to Simply Charlotte Mason's memory work section of their curriculum guide. This is where I got the verses to use with our copy work for the year. I can't enough about this website. I LOVE it!





4 comments:
She'll like that. Remind her that creative writing is way fun!
I LOVE this website as well. I'm really enjoying reading about your planning. I figure I'll let you figure it all out and then copy your ideas. ::Snort:: I'll copy Jodi's and meld the two.
Jen - Make sure you find me a chapter of your book that is kid-friendly and I can let her know that she knows a REAL author. ;)
De'Etta - Copy away! And then look away if you notice me copying what Jodi is doing also! lol I really like posting what I'm planning. It helps me stay on task and moving forward. And, it helps me avoid buying too much because I don't want to post totals that are too high on the side bar! lol
ROFLOL, we'll all copy each other. I know we each plan one subject per year and then share them out. I love the idea of your curriculum choices and prices on the sidebar. I need to do that too one of these days.
Post a Comment