Monday, April 16, 2007

Monday...

Today has gone smoothly, though we're both tired after this weekend. We were blessed with a power outage Sunday afternoon. I say blessed because we had one neighbor come over because she was locked out of her house due to now power to the garage door, and another family come over because we had the grill going. We were the "oven" for our friends. We hadn't planned on having a meal together, but it was a blessing being able to spend time with friends and a house full of children. However, I'm beat and still getting tired pretty quickly.

It was another rough day with our little boy, and for some reason it's just getting more difficult as the year goes on rather than less. He's very disrespectful to adults, and it appears that it's accepted behavior at his house. I'm having to learn to be a good example while being caring not offended. :)

We didn't get around to watching the Drive Thru History dvd that we had rented from the library, so since it was due today (with no renewals available!) we chose to spend the afternoon under a blanket on the couch with a good dvd. This was our first time watching Drive Thru History, and we LOVED it. It is well worth a rental if you have access to them through your library system. In fact, we might be looking to buy them if the next installment is as good as this one was. Dave Stotts gives a lot of great information in a way that is entertaining and educating. He does a great job at integrating church history and making history relevant to today. My daughter loved them, and I loved them. Each dvd appears to have three episodes on them, and they each ran about 30 to 40 minutes. I'd say that this would be appropriate for any age yet enjoyed by probably grade 3 to adult. I'm not sure if the little ones would want to sit through an entire episode, though he's very entertaining! He reminds me of a calmer, Christian Josh Bernstein - History Channel's Digging for the Truth host. (I can't say whether or not JB is Christian - just that this show is definitely produced from a Christian perspective.) A funny highlight... when showing statues of Roman gods who were naked they would draw funny boxers to cover them where needed. C found this very funny!

www.drivethruhistory.com

Other than that, we focused on playing around with Patty Paper Geometry. I'm still planning on having C work on spelling and copy work later, but for now she's playing with a friend that we needed to watch for a bit. We'll break it up and have her finish lessons after a while. But, until then, the sounds of playing children are heard throughout the house...

No comments: