Monday, April 02, 2007

Passover

Today is Passover! As per our family tradition we'll be heading over to my brother-in-law's house to celebrate Passover with the family. I believe my SIL said that there would be 20 of us this year. Honestly, I would have to sit and count but I think that there are usually at least 14 or 15 there with just the immediate family, so it will be a slightly larger crowd yet still not overwhelming. It's nice to celebrate the holidays with a lot of friends/family. This will be my 8th Seder with my husband's family, and I just love it each year. I was trying to explain it to my friends as we walked today, and I remember asking all of the same questions.

I inadvertently gave C the day off of lessons today. We were going to work through Bible study and do some math since we can finally do math now that the book is here, but with having a rough day with my babysitting kid and needing to cook this afternoon I just don't have it in me to try to fit it all in. It's a holiday. :) I did get to walk with friends though! I look forward to this part of the day no matter if it is morning, noon, or night. I may start walking with another neighbor in the evening when she wants to go. Everyone else works at home, so it leaves her out if we decide to walk after lunch as has been the case lately. Either way, I'm just getting hooked on walking. I've got to keep up with my friend :wink: so I dug out my pedometer today. I missed some steps this morning since I was up for about a half an hour before I realized that I forgot it upstairs! So, without factoring that in... I'm already at 8993 steps for the day, and it's only 2 o'clock! They say that for weight loss a goal should be an average of 10,000 steps per day, so that's where I'm headed. I read in several places that a good goal for maintaining health is an average of 6,000 steps per day. So, I'm going to focus on having at least 10,000 steps per day for 6 days (because I don't feel guilty if I have one day "off" from walking the neighborhood per week) and 6,000 steps per day once a week if I choose not to walk that day. We'll see where I end up. The most important part is that I feel great and have more energy. The rest will be what it is. :)

This afternoon's plan:
Bake brownies (and see if anyone eats my whole grain sweets!)
Make my green beans (shallots, mushrooms, beans, yum!)
Shower (most necessary since I walked!)
Work on finishing some of our lit plans and research some prices on other bits that we like if there is time.

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying walking. I have tried the pedometers (my son and dh wear them) and they always reset on me....I think it has to do with my mushroom belly. Maybe I should try them again now.

Stephanie said...

I love it, and since the weather turned cold again (with some flurries even!) I haven't been out in a few days. I'm really missing it. Or, I could just be missing my time with my friends too. lol Either way, it's good for me. My pedometer has a flip up cover otherwise I think I'd be resetting it all the time! It's a cheap little Walmart ped - from when I shopped at Wally World! - but it works for me.