Monday, May 14, 2007

Free goodies!

Homeschool eStore had a wonderful "Day after Mother's Day" celebration with free ebooks! I don't think that they expected such an interest because it seems that they couldn't handle the traffic load. I had to watch it several times today, but it was worth it. I picked up several things that will be good to have on hand. And, I found some really fun units that would be great for this summer! I was planning the summer around what I had on hand or could get from the library, but now I have even more choices since I have new free units. I just love free. :) Some of interest were lap book units on birds, mythological creatures from around the world, oceanography, missionaries, famous American women, and more. I also picked up a unit on Internet safety for kids as well as a unit on clutter-free/organized living for kids as well. I think I know what a home ec project for the summer could be. :)

So, now I'm torn. To continue with the summer schedule we've begun loosely, or move to the all new, super cool unit studies that we have thanks to a generous homeschool company... I think I might take advantage of a blessing and use some fun units this summer. It would still bring in various subjects that I wanted to hit, as well as being fun. However, we're still going to have fun with The Swiss Family Robinson because she loves the story.

Beyond that, today has been trying. It's been a day of C opening her mouth when she shouldn't (or more like saying the things that she shouldn't say!), mix ups and goof ups (I accidentally cleared my pedometer), and just general frustration with a few things. I'm trying to pick some positive things to focus on, hence the fun freebie post. :) I did start reading the book of James today. Well, correction... I read it but want it to be a study so I'll continue with it tomorrow. I might try to use the Kay Arthur book that I picked up to use with C. I think if I get some sea legs with it then it will be easier to use with C. We shall see...

Tomorrow we'll head out to the movies to see Meet the Robinson in 3D. One perk to having an older child who is a theater manager is that we get free tickets! We'll try to have a park day this week as well as another trip to the zoo. I was just too tired and too "off" to go today. Oh - a neighbor is having a crop tomorrow so I can sit and be girly and creative. :P

And, if those random thoughts weren't enough here's another one... our Apologia General Science came in the mail! Woo hoo! I only have one more thing to pick up (Saxon Math 8/7) and we're done for the year. Of course, I need to plan, but that's still another post that needs to be done!

2 comments:

JenBin said...

Fun summer units are the best!

Stephanie said...

Yep - until it comes time to choose! I have to pick up books from the library and get some ink for the printer, and then we're good to go on Monday!