Thursday, May 24, 2007

A very dramatic week...

I haven't updated in a while, but I have a great excuse. ;) Our oldest (age 23) ended a relationship and - in a very dramatic and emotion-filled week - moved back to our house. It's good to be on this side of it, but I'm afraid that we're not totally finished with loose ends. The last few days have been filled with cancelling utilities and changing accounts. Today will hopefully be our organization day. We need to really work hard at getting our youngest daughter's playroom turned back into our oldest daughter's bedroom (which it was originally.) Our weekend is shaping up to be a busy one, but at least it's a long weekend. I'm hoping to have it set up and comfortable for her by Monday at the very latest, though the hope is to have her bed set up tomorrow night. I do have to praise God for His protection of her because it could have turned out much, much worse. If a few boxes and bags taking over my living room is the worst of our problems at this point we're doing good. (Of course, it did involve more emotion and a trip to the ER, but today is bright and sunny!)

My friend/neighbor was such a doll and planted my entire front bed for me while we were at the ER with our daughter this week. It was a hard day, and to come home to see it weeded and plants in the ground/bushes moved was a big blessing. I've got a few annuals to put in the ground today if the schedule will allow, so hopefully I'll put up a photo of it in the next few days. I'm not much of a gardener, so her help was SUCH a blessing. I've been very faithful with watering too, so hopefully I can keep it looking pretty this year. :)

Tomorrow is a crop at our CM consultant's house. I haven't had time to get anything ready or even decide what album I'm going to be working on. That's another item on the list for today. I was panicked because I couldn't find C's photos from when she was a baby. Granted, I was going through a divorce when she was 9 mos old so though I wasn't as good as I was in the beginning I knew that I certainly took photos of my kid. Thankfully I came across a box FULL of photo envelopes in the back of our closet this week. My heart sang because I truly thought I had lost them. Of course, now comes the daunting task of sorting them... Although I made the older girls albums a few years ago with photos it was before I was paying attention to "photo safe/archival quality/ no this or that" so I may have to add redoing their albums to the project list too. Hmm... we have an extra kitchen table now that A is home. I wonder if we should consider setting my old table up as a craft table for projects such as this or anything she needs once she's back in school. Thinking... thinking...

Saturday my same friend/neighbor along with hopefully another friend/neighbor will be walking in our first 5K. It's not a long one, and it's actually less than we walk each morning, but ew are looking forward to it. I think this might be the start of something for us. There is another walk in town for the 4th of July, but I'm not sure we'll actually register for that one. I know that one goal is to do the Race for the Cure next summer. If you would have told me that we'd be even interested in this a year ago I'd have laughed at you. My how change is nice!

School is on hold with everything that has been going on. In fact, we were set to start our new unit this past Monday but life had a way of getting in the way. The plan is to start Tuesday if we can get the house in order and our daughter settled. Going from 2 adults/1 child/2 dogs to 3 adults/1 child/3 dogs isn't a huge adjustment since we all lived here comfortably that way before, but it takes some time to organize. I'm taking it room by room, and my goal is to just relax with the family on Monday (or at least one day this weekend depending on when A has the day off.) So, lessons can wait.

I honestly can't think of everything that needs an update, so this will be the end for now. I'll hopefully be on with many more good stories and less of chaos. ;)

7 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Oh Stephanie...praying for you and your family as you minister to your oldest. Sounds like lots to do....praying you have a productive weekend.

Char said...

Oh wow! Sorry to hear you've had such an emotional, changing week! I hope next week is better for you and your family!!!

Emily said...

Praying here!

JenBin said...

Give A and C both big hugs from us, ok!

JenBin said...

OK, you have no message today, so I have to post this on an old one....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

love ya!

Char said...

Ok, it is time to post something else!! :)
Happy Birthday! I don't know when it is, but I'm copying off of jenbin! :)

Jodi said...

I'd gotten so behind I had to read through afew posts to get to the bottom of your changes. So sorry to hear about your dd it ounds very upsetting. I'm glad that things seem to be working out getting her moved back home. Hope she's ok now.