Monday, July 09, 2007

This week's menu

This might change a bit, but I'm hoping to keep an eye on what I have in the freezer and make a menu plan each week. I tend to get bored and don't always make the same thing more than once, so I'm hoping to have a little more repeat business going on. I've always run from "Monday Night Meatloaf" types of routine, but I think a little wouldn't be bad. My goal is to have 5 or 6 weekly menus that I rotate through. We'll see if it works...

All recipes with a * came from Heather's Recipe Site

Breakfast:

*Crock pot Breakfast grains with blueberries (most mornings till gone) - recipe is under "steel cut oats, " I just made it with barley, oats, and wheat berries
Oatmeal with various add ins (I've found that I can hold off hunger and snacking if I start the day with oatmeal. Nothing else seems to fill me up as well!)
veggie egg scramble or fritata if I need a change, with yogurt/fruit

Lunch: I tend to eat a lot of my grains and lentils during lunch since I'm the biggest fan in the house. My husband is a big time carnivore, so I also tend to try out all of my vegetarian meals here too. :)

Mexican Polenta Casserole left overs
Greek Cous Cous
Crunchy Curried Lentil Salad
Veggie burger (either pizza, portabello, or black bean) with fruit/veggies
Brown Rice and Edamame Salad with Ginger Line Dressing
Cajun Quinoa (was Rice) and Red Beans with Veggies - I'm subbing quinoa for this since I've got several other rice dishes on the menu this week
Leftovers

Dinner - My goal is 2 fish, 2 red meat, 2 chicken, 1 pasta. The fish is the hard one for me. Limiting the red meat is a hard one for my dh. We'll most likely have 3 red meats in a week, but at least it's not 5 anymore!

*Buffalo Chicken Lasagna with salad
Jamaican Jerked grilled tuna, *Tropical Cous Cous salad with fruit
*Crockpot beef fajitas, roasted corn salad, green salad
*Chicken with Pineapple Black Bean sauce over quinoa, extra stir fry veggies added in
*Tilapia Italiano, oven roasted veggies, salad
*Quick Chicken and Barley Chili, chips and salad
Mexican Polenta Casserole (with ground buffalo)

Dessert:

Fruit with FF cool whip
Vanilla SF/FF pudding with blueberries
Banana "pie" pudding
Crustless Pumpkin Pie
*Crustless Strawberry Pie

1 comment:

Char said...

Oh my GOSH! I want to eat at your house!!!!!! It all sounds very good to me!