Monday, November 12, 2007

A fun way to play with math!

This math is Absurd! :)

Absurd Math ( http://www.learningwave.com/abmath/ ) is a great way to use your noggin. I saw this listed on a website, and though I don't have a review from the kid as of yet I think she'll love it! I played around with the first episode last night for quite a while. You really have to think about some of the clues to advance. I can see how it would be frustrating for some kids but most should have a blast. There is definitely a lot of humor here. Preview it because I haven't gone through each level, but I've yet to find any reason that my dd can't be turned loose on the site without supervision. I'm still looking for a break down of what concepts are covered simply so that I can know what I might need to explain should C hit a brick wall, so if anyone finds it let me know! (Of course, it could be that I just didn't see it at midnight when I was playing with the website!)

I can hardly wait until C is done with band this morning so that I can toss this at her. Maybe I'll even have her review it for a post. :)

No comments: