Monday, November 12, 2007

Manic Monday

I keep thinking of the lyrics of the old Bangles song, Manic Monday. I've had a day where I've wished it were Sunday. Thankfully the day went well with the kid, but I had a very high maintenance customer that took up a good deal of my day between phone calls and just general stress. Being yelled at really takes it out of me. It's sad when you see someone so unhappy with themselves that they literally grasp at any straw possible to make someone else feel badly about themselves. But, tomorrow is another day! (Now I'm having visions of Scarlett O'Hara filling my head...)

C had a great day. Today is a band day, so she headed off with her friend for practice. Thursday is my day to carpool, so I have Monday to clean the house in peace. I got a good dent in, but I still have a lot more to do.

Next came math. Actually, she started math first, but it continued into the afternoon. :) She absolutely loves the Absurd Math website! I thought she'd get a kick out of it. She spent several hours playing on the website with various pre-algebra concepts. It really seemed to cement the concepts that we've introduced in the past. I was shocked when she picked up the Usborne Illustrated Dictionary of Mathematics! I'll take this type of math study any day.

She also spent quite a while reading more of A Midsummer Night's Dream. She's making puppets and a stage to perform MND. I'll take photos as soon as she has the "cast" done. She's used poster board and various craft items to create costumes for her "paper pal" type puppets. I was pretty impressed when she looked up what good old Will would have worn (plus she put a quill in his hand!) Her costumes are leaning towards the three dimensional style. Very pretty and interesting!

Math, art, literature... a good day.

She also spent some time this evening at a friend's house. She's making quite a few new friends this year. She's typically the oldest in the group, but lately she's found herself around kids the same age or very slightly over. I think it's good for her to have a group that is closer to her age.

Oh goodness... I have a killer headache and the more I read this the more I think it sounds drab and stagnant. At least it's already Tuesday! :)

See you on the flip side..... (I've been trying to scramble my brain thinking of who said this. I know a friend growing up said it, but didn't someone else? Hmm.... might have to think of that tomorrow.)

2 comments:

JenBin said...

Didn't Wolfman Jack say that WAY before our time?

Stephanie said...

You're right! I knew that it was something familiar. And yes, it was before our time. Way before. We're very young. Extremely young. :)