The kid also had a great day. She played outside in the snow no less than three times. I'm really hoping that the snow sticks around a few more days so that she can enjoy it. I had another one of those joyful moments where I was thankful for the blessing of homeschooling when she realized that her friends would have to play in the snow in the dark because they didn't get home until after 6 from daycare. Only occasionally does she understand that the everyday things of our life aren't common to everyone. Some days I wish that she realized it more so that she was more appreciative, and others I'm glad that she's naive to it so that she can just be a child.
I've been trying to take in everything around us in an effort to be thankful for all that we have, and the beauty that we can have no matter what is going on in our lives. The snow and the ice on trees helped me keep that in mind. I'm trying very hard to remember that it's not the comforts of my life that are the true blessings. We've never been a family consumed with things, but it is very difficult to confront the idea that we might not have our home as part of our future. I think this has led me to really try to focus on making memories and documenting things, being thankful for the things that can not be taken from me like the snow and the beauty around us. I'm hoping that I'm actually growing up a bit, but I'm afraid that I'm just trying to convince myself that it's ok if our situation changes! Either way... I'm thankful.
~ Wishing everyone good memories and beautiful snow days ~





3 comments:
I'm sort of the opposite: great up in PA, been in Atlanta my entire adult life. My kids know nothing about snowsuits and sledding and the ice truck, sad to say ... but then again, I'm glad I don't have to bundle up three little kids every time we go anywhere!
Wow! What part of Atlanta? I grew up about a mile from Stone Mountain Park, though I know it's much different now. I'm choosing to remember what it was like then. Decatur was my small town, and Gwinnet County my adult stomping ground. What I'd do for some pizza from Midtown and any street named Peachtree...
Homeschooling is great and yes my kids too don't always get how much more freedom they have than their schooled peers. I think they have gotten a taste of it this year while we attend co-op. Sometimes there are things they would rather do on Tuesdays and then find out they can't we have to go to co-op.
It has been hard in a way when they say lets skip this week. Then I tell them remember if you miss too many days the teachers may ask you to leave the classes, do you want to quit the clases. They say, No we want to go sometimes just not always.
But it doesn't work that way, LOL.
Post a Comment