
I've been working on several weeks worth of meal plans so that I can rotate through with standard shopping lists, but I'm rethinking this a bit. I'm torn between wanting to have a week's worth of meals ready to go with a shopping list vs looking at the local market specials. I'm still working through my system. It comes down to the basic idea that I get overwhelmed because I'm a cookbook junkie... planning a week's menu each and every Monday (for example) makes my mind scramble because there are so many good choices! I'm also not terribly good at choosing a breakfast menu because I'm not a breakfast person. It's a conscious decision to force - I mean encourage - myself to eat breakfast so that I'm not sabotaging my weight loss efforts. If anyone is still reading my blog (since I'm such an inconsistent blogger lol) I'd love to hear how you plan ahead or choose on the go what you're family will eat each week. I have three weeks of plans nearly completed, so this week is a combination of bits from each...
*Note - I'm following the Core plan by Weight Watchers, and for those of you familiar with it, yes I know that breads of any sort aren't Core. I'm a bread nut and just give in points for it! Some recipes are not Core by design but have been reworked to become Core. Also, we don't eat pork products so if you ever see anything like sausage or bacon (or pepperoni pizza!) it's a turkey variety.
Here's what is on the menu for this week:
Monday:
Breakfast - free for all (the child ate homemade/frozen pancakes, I've got to get something in, and the husband doesn't eat unless I make it for everyone because he's not a breakfast eater either.)
Lunch - left overs
Dinner - roast, grilled veggies, salad (mixed greens, oranges, walnuts, pepper, and balsamic vinaigrette) and mixed grains (I can't remember the name of it, but it's a great mix from Trader Joe's) *If there is enough left over I'll make beef stroganoff later this week.
Tuesday:
B - Hashbrown quiche with left over grilled veggies
L - tortilla pizzas with veggies, cheese, and pineapple (roast for dh)
D - Black bean and barley enchiladas with tempeh, mexican rice, salad
Wednesday:
B - smoothies (and muffins for dh and kid)
L - leftover enchiladas and chips/salsa
D - oven barbecued chicken, corn, green beans with shallots and mushrooms
Thursday:
B - Egg and veggie pita sandwiches, fruit
L - shredded chicken roll-ups with ranch dressing and veggies
D - mac and cheese (with veggie puree... shh...), asparagus, apple sauce, salad
Friday:
B - oatmeal with blueberry sauce
L - tuna salad (sandwiches for them, on greens for me)
D - Garlic beef and broccoli with brown rice, fruit salad, challah
Saturday:
B - free for all
L - Oneg after service ("Delight in the Sabbath" - a fellowship meal at our congregation after service)
D - something on the grill, dh's choice
Sunday:
B - challah french toast, turkey bacon
L - leftovers
D - something on the grill, dh's choice





No comments:
Post a Comment