~ Half our congregation is on the trip to Israel, so we had a very small turn out for services. It was good though. The sermon was on Ephesians. Good stuff!
~ We hit the sales at Old Navy and Target. I got some super cute skirts that I will promptly make copies of as soon as I have time to sew. :) I have a few designs that are simple and easy to duplicate quickly, but I just don't have enough time to spend behind a machine. It will get much easier this fall when I'm not babysitting. I've been in a skirt phase lately. I'm not strictly wearing skirts alone, but I am definitely wearing them more often.
~ We made french toast for supper. Definitely a favorite! French toast is awesome when made with challah. (And, everyone loved the whole wheat challah this week, so it was even more fun to see them eat it knowing that it wasn't full of white flour!)
~ The kid had a sleepover. Well, more like a sleepover attempt. Her friend went home at 11p. :)
~ I got a lot of work done on my unit studies this weekend. I think that I've let people convince me that I could put them together for sale. We've seen a lot of evidence of God's hand in our lives over the last few years, and we're wondering if this is one of those times. We're in a period of transition right now on many things. This just fits right into filling a need that we had appear. It will be interesting to see how it goes.
~ My grandfather ended up in the hospital this weekend. He's still there. Prayers would be wonderful. He's having a hard time with his diabetes (regulating his blood sugar - it keeps dropping) and kidneys (down to 10 - 15% function only.) Prayers. Definitely needing prayers. He'll be in for a few days they are guessing. Hopefully we'll have more answers tomorrow when he's seen by a few more docs again.
~ We had a very quiet evening outside sitting on the patio. It was great out today after the clouds came through. We're due to have more rain, but it was nice to have some sunshine today.





3 comments:
Praying for your Grandfather.
Thanks Jodi! He's doing so much better!
Glad to hear that he is doing much better now.
Post a Comment