Monday, June 30, 2008

Menu Plan Monday 6/30

I've not been very good about posting menu plans (or even putting them together) the last few weeks. I'm seeing a big difference in our money and my weight loss ticker when I actually make out a plan, so I've recommitted to doing it! Here's what's planned for this week...

Monday:
b - eggs, turkey bacon, apples
l - pasta with red sauce (cooked by dd so who can complain - and it's good!)
d - black bean and barley enchiladas, Mexican rice, salad

Tuesday:
b - biscuits and gravy (dd wants to learn how to cook white gravy)
l - leftover enchiladas and rice OR Mediterranean couscous salad
d - BBQ chicken over greens and corn salad, green beans

Wednesday:
b - smoothies and muffins
l - shredded chicken roll ups with ranch dressing and veggies, left over grains/beans
d - Mac and cheese, asparagus, pears, salad

Thursday:
b - oatmeal with berry sauce
l - tuna salad, mac and cheese
d - lentil and sausage (chicken/roasted red pepper) soup, ww cornbread

Friday:
b - veggie fritata
l - leftover soup and grilled cheese
d - cook out with the in laws. I'm not sure what will be served, but we'll have challah for Shabbat!

Saturday:
b - free for all
l - oneg after services
d - dh grills (probably beef)

Sunday:
b - french toast with left over challah
l - free for all
d - dh grills (probably chicken)

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Hi Stephanie. I believe this is my first visit to your very informative blog. I just love a good fritata. I noticed it on your menu this week. Also, I noticed your sidebar regarding Israel. My parents have been to Israel 2 times and are anxious to return. They love it there and I love to see their pictures and hear their stories. There is so much precious history there.

Blessings,
Kristi

Katia said...

Shalom Stephanie,

I found you at the both HOW nings :)
Thought I would come and introduce my self in your blog.
You are correct, when I started making up a menu not only did I save big on the groceries bills but also we ate better and more healthier. I started a post similar to this a month ago LOL, still have not posted, one thing I couldn't post a picture and I have been very busy.
Hope we can be friends.
Blessings,
Katia