Sunday, June 01, 2008

Cardio Dance...

All I can say is wow.

We just recently joined the Y, and once a week they have a class called Zumba (zoom-ba). Intrigued, I started to search out information which led to a few YouTube videos. How cool is this! It is a cardio class all based around dance. How much fun would this be! So, I decided that I'd pick up a video to try at home before embarrassing myself out in public. I took dance lessons for years, and from a young age to until I went to college I was involved in some form of dance even if it was just being a part of the dance line/drill team my last three years of high school. I love to dance. How hard could this be, right? Think again. lol It's been a L O N G time since I've been dancing evidently! But, it was the most fun I've had in a workout in a long time. I can also tell that it's going to really kick me where I need it. This will be a good option for days like today when I can't make it out - or rather choose not to - for a workout at the Y. It will also be a nice change of pace. The moves are quick, though the instructor on the video I have (from the Crunch series) took great pains to make sure each move was explained and practiced at half speed before putting the dance together. It was definitely classified as high energy! I think that I'd like to use it a few more times so that I'm a little more fluid in my moves, then I'll try the class.

No comments: