Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Digi Scrapping




















I've finally joined the masses in the world of technology. I've figured out how to digi scrap. :)

Since I avoid posting pictures of the kid (and it's not quite so attractive with a big black circle across her face) I haven't been sharing any of the layouts that I've been working on. That, and I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing!

Here are two layouts that are fairly typical for me. I have a tendency to grab hold of one style and use it on multiple pages in varying forms. Sometimes I like a lot of photos with very little embellishments, and sometimes I go doo-dad crazy. I'm having fun adding all of the bits that I don't normally add to my traditional paper album. Because of concerns over archival quality and the like I haven't added too many extras to our traditional album. I'm so excited to play with them!

The second example features my (not so) little pup. Her moniker was given by my husband and then added to over the years. She's a mess, and we love her. Yes, she's much larger than a typical pug even though she's purebred.

I'm currently working on our 2005 photos. I've scrapped everything from 2000 to February 2005, and I've also started picking up a few current/2008 photos. I think I'm going to try scrapping current photos at week or month's end because I'm finding myself forgetting details! (Note the vague description of "African sculpture" in the first layout! I can't remember what part of Africa or the name of the artist!) But, these things aside, I'm still actually getting it done. :) Maybe this summer I'll get the baby pictures of dd (now age 11!) in some sort of album and out of the cardboard box where they live now. lol

9 comments:

Cynthia said...

Welcome to digiscrapping...

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

You are beyond me - all I've done is smilebox....I may have to check out this g whatever program you are using. Did it take a long time to learn? Are you using free paper kits and stuff or did you buy them?

Questions, questions.

I like your layouts.

Stephanie said...

Thanks, Cynthia!

De'Etta - I'm using the free paper kits from the Shabby Princess website that came through SHS. I haven't figured out how to create my own yet. I want to see if there are other places to get them, but for now I'm happy with what I have. You can mix and match them so the 15 or so kits that I have will make endless layouts. I'll post about Gimp, but it's really easy to use once I figured it out. Just like with Photoshop there is a lot that I'm not making use of yet, but it's fairly simple to open layers, crop or resize things, flip them, alter color, etc. And, Gimp is free. :)

Laura in CT said...

Nice work! If you're looking for more freebies, you might be interested in this blog:
http://ikeagoddess.blogspot.com/

She posts almost daily listing free templates and kits for digiscrappers. TwoPeas also has some pretty good free digital kits, here:
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/shop/list/?f=c_336&c=24

Have fun!

Stephanie said...

Thank you, thank you, Laura! I'm going to go play in those links after I get my chores done. If I don't, I won't get anything else done! :) It's a huge help to get links like that. My goal is to avoid actually buying kits if I can help it. I'm cheap. lol Now, if I could only learn how to make my own...

Char said...

Hi Steph!
I thought I'd check out your blog and see what you are up to.
I didn't know you were digi scrapping now!! That's awesome! I am going to switch to it after I use up all of what I have on paper. I know that I will love doing it. It'll be way faster and the big bulky scrapbooks won't clutter up my house. :)
I love the layouts and the pictures. Those are great. I'll have to get with you to see some of your other layouts.

Stephanie said...

Char - yes! We'll have to get together. So far I haven't actually purchased any digital goodies because there are so many free ones out there. And, if you don't have a program that you want to use grab Gimp - it's free and I'm figuring it out quick so that means you'll do great with it. lol Or, do you think you'll use the CM software? I'm still planning on printing pages and keeping scrapbooks but they've got to be thinner/lighter this way. I'm hoping any way! :) I miss you!!

Jodi said...

Nice pages!

Your dog is a cutie!!

Stephanie said...

Thanks, Jodi. She's so spoiled!