One thing that I noticed was fabulous to see the multi-generational crowd there enjoying it. You saw senior couples holding hands and smiling like it was their first date; grandpas and grandmas sitting with their grandchildren; parents and children sitting next to college students. It was fabulous! They had the grand old organ going - an original and at 80 years old considered to be the best preserved of it's kind in the country. I can't imagine the skill it must have taken to play it. I thought the organist was going to jump right off the stage he was so animated and quick!
There are several movies in the series that I'm really excited about, but most importantly...
1776 is playing the weekend of Independence Day. :) This is by far one of my most favorite musicals of all time. And, I don't say that about just any musical. DH says that he can't go with me because it will just tick him off at how far we've really blown it with the state of things in the government these days, but I'm happy to go and sing along. I know that it's fictionalized, but it reminds me of the compassion and conviction that our founders had. I need a reminder every once and a while.






No comments:
Post a Comment