We spent Monday walking through on of our fabulous metro parks. I've got nature photos to post as soon as I get them off of my daughter's camera. Jodi - the entire time I was snapping pics of tadpoles and dragonflies in the middle of a lake I kept thinking, "I can post like Jodi!" :) We saw the LARGEST tadpole that I've ever seen. It was almost as long as my hand, and the body (ok, so I don't know the name of tadpole parts) looked as if it was at least an inch to an inch and a half in diameter. Wild! We also caught a glimpse of some does, quite a few birds that I've never seen locally, and a neighborhood cat that slipped into the park. I think he liked the birds, too! I loved being out with out the sounds of cars and sirens. I've gotten re-energized in my hope to spend more time out in nature. I feel awful saying this over and over, but it will be nice when my babysitting commitment is over for the summer. We'll have more time to just wing it and spend time chasing butterflies (and rabbit trails!) Ah... time outside in the middle of green things. Trees are good. :) It takes off months of stress in minutes.
I've also been working wildly through some new unit studies. I have two finished: Architecture and Missions. I'd LOVE to have someone review it for me to give me some comments. If anyone is interested please comment with your email address. They were written for middle school ages, however they are able to go higher or lower simply by changing the resources used and the depth expected in the assignments. I have several others in various stages of completion: Pirates, Spies, Oceans, Ohio History, and Animals. Several others are in the wings: Gold Rush, World Explorers, Dinosaurs, and Archeology and the Bible, plus others that are just notes in a folder. I'm very excited about this project. I'm trying to spend at least two hours a day writing or researching, and so far it's provided a good balance.
Otherwise, all things are normal. I've been having a hard time with a lack of energy, so I'm trying to revamp what I've been eating. I'm typically vitamin-B deficient, and I've slacked off on my supplements and nutritional yeast. I'm trying to up it so that hopefully I'll start feeling better soon. I'd love any tips that anyone has for something like this. I'm looking into a few other natural sources of the vitamin B complex, including bee pollen and seaweed since it was recommended to me. I need to carve out time to work on my Vintage Remedies lessons because I just know that there would be great info there for me to apply.





2 comments:
I'll be watching for when your pirates unit is done, that sounds fun!
Your monster tadpole must be a bullfrog tadpole!
Living in such a rural area as I do nature is mostly what we are able to photograph. It's good that you have such a wonderful park in your area even though it is more of a city.
Hopefully the pirates unit will be done next week. I'll post when it's finished. :) I'm looking forward to it.
I love our park system. I tend to go through swings where I either use them constantly or have dry periods where we don't go often. I'm striving for consistency this year.lol
Post a Comment