Monday, July 21, 2008

Menu Plan Monday 7/21




I've been out of the planning mindset, but I'm back for this week! We've lived off of canned soup and easy foods like scrambled eggs while we've been sick. I'm ready for some good food!

To make it easy on myself I'm only planning dinner this week. Normally I plan out three meals a day and have a rough idea of what kind of kid-friendly snacks I'm going to make for the week. Since I'm just now getting slowly back into the daily grind of housework and cooking, I'm going to wing it with breakfasts and lunches. I'll plan a bit more normally next week when we have our normal routine back.

We're also heading out for a "stay-cation" this week, so this is not remotely anything near what I would call a good or balanced menu plan. lol We'll be taking lots of day trips as long as everyone feels up to it, so I'm going to make quite a few easy, road trip-friendly snacks. I'll post those over the next few days as I come up with them! :D

Monday: five cheese pizza, salad

Tuesday: WW pasta with roasted veggie/meat sauce, garlic bread

Wednesday: venison steaks (dh's job on the grill!), sweet potato fries, some sort of green bean concoction

Thursday: BBQ chicken roll ups, fruit, picnic veggies and dip (road trip night)

Friday: out to eat

Saturday: tuna salad sandwiches, couscous salad, fruit, chips (road trip night)

Sunday: out to eat


3 comments:

Unknown said...

We are having tuna salad this week too :)

Anonymous said...

Your menu sounds really good!

Hope you have a great week!
Karen
www.homeschoolblogger.com/cookalatte

Stephanie said...

Thanks to both of you! I really enjoy posting to the challenge when I remember and can. It's fun to see what everyone else has on their menus!