If you'd like to play, Lesley asked for a link to your blog post so everyone can share!
My twenty wishes...
1. Have a good relationship with the girls. The older girls are in that phase where we can be friends on top of being parents, and it's exciting. Our youngest daughter is starting to have opinions that aren't simply attitude based lol, so it's fun to have conversations about things.
2. Take a vacation to the Grand Canyon. I grew up wanting to do all of the traditional family vacations... the trips to places like Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore, and Niagara Falls.
3. Learn to knit. This has been on the list for years. Dare I say almost a decade. One day I will conquer the needles.
4. Take a pastry class. I love making cakes, and I'd love to learn to bake better.
5. Learn to read Biblical Hebrew and Greek. (Maybe this should have been two wishes.)
6. Get to my goal weight.
7. Complete our transition to a completely whole foods-based diet. Ah... the goal of all goals. lol Oh, let's just widen this one to say do all the things that I wanted to do to help build our health and body.
8. Earn a degree in Biblical studies of some sort.
9. Become more consistent in my Bible studies and quiet time. (This should be number one.)
10. Get the house in order and decluttered. I feel the need for more wiggle room in the space we have.
11. Have a healthy grandbaby born next February. This really isn't in my control, but it's still a wish. (Or, more of a prayer.)
12. Travel to Israel.
13. Take a vacation with my sweetie for our anniversary. I don't travel well without the kid, so this is a big thing on so many levels.
14. Catch up all of our scrapbooking and sewing projects.
15. Get a new camera and take more photos. I used to love to photograph interesting things, especially in nature. I haven't taken any photos strictly for artistic purposes since college. I need more of this in my life.
16. Get my unit study biz off the ground and actually sell one or two. lol
17. Finish my herbalist course and possibly take the masters course.
18. Help my mom be able to just relax and enjoy life. She wants to be able to take short missions trips (probably medical-related) but has always had to work. I'd love to be able to help her with this.
19. Remember my grandmother's voice. Some days I can.... I miss her terribly. She was so sick before she died and unfortunately that pushed out the other memories for a while. It's been four years since she passed.
20. Start a game night. We've been talking about this for years, and it's never happened. I'd love to have it be where the grown kids came over with their families, friends could come over, etc. The kids would have a ball. We play games but not on a regular basis because of our schedule. We need more game time.
Wow, twenty wishes go fast. :)





5 comments:
Thanks, Stephanie, I am so glad you liked my post (and blog). I finally finished my list. It was harder than I thought it would be! :)
Lesley
Oh I know! I just started rambling and realized that I could fill up twenty if I did a free-flowing type of thing. lol
I will have to do this soon. It was fun to read your 20 wishes, we have a lot of the same wishes :)
Have a wonderful day,
((((hugs))))
Katia
he he ... Katia - I'm learning not to be surprised that we have things in common! Definitely do your list. I'd love to read it!
Fun and interesting wishes!
Post a Comment