~ I had some health issues that are now under control. I'm still following up with the doc more than I'd like, but he's great so it's tolerable. lol
~ Our youngest daughter had surgery followed by a long period of unrelated illness. We're still looking for answers but our most likely diagnosis is guttate psoriasis.
~ We've started juicing. We love it! It is really helping dd with her skin issues. We're also looking into other dietary changes that we may begin making. Anything that we can do to make us more healthy and benefit our kid (meaning a reduction in meds too!) would be fabulous. We also bought a grain mill! It just came, and I haven't had time to play with it yet. I plan to soon though!
~ We switched curriculum for the year. We're now a Sonlight family! We absolutely love it! I know that I was writing various units for us to use, but with our health issues it just isn't practical at the moment. Most likely I will share those on this blog (or perhaps the other blog we were in the process of setting up) for anyone who can use them. I'd love to go back to writing them. For now, and the foreseeable future, using something packaged is just a better fit for us. We started with Core 5: Exploring Eastern Hemispheres, and the kid loves it! I honestly can't figure out why it never jumped out at me as a fit in the past. I always thought that Sonlight wasn't for us. Perhaps it's just where we needed to be at the time. However, I've been so impressed with this company and their materials that I think we'll be a Sonlight family for a while. It deserves a post of it's own after a while.
~ The kid and I are participating in NaNoWriMo this year! I've created a separate blog for updates on my progress if anyone would like to peek at it. I'll add a NaNoWriMo button to this blog tomorrow as well. I'm so unprepared. lol But, it's a learning experience which is fabulous. The kid is going to do so well. Writing has really shown itself to be one of her gifts, and I hope that she enjoys this project. DH and I were floored when we read some of her "practice story lines" yesterday. Fabulous. I'll see if she will agree to post some here as well.
~ I've started holiday projects. So far I've crocheted a scarf, bunny slippers (waiting for eyes) for our granddaughter #1, booties and a hat (ok, so they were started a few years ago!) that will go to "soon to be" grandson #1. I've got a few skirts and whatnot sitting on the sewing machine that need to be finished. I'm trying to use what we have and be frugal with materials, so we're doing a lot of scrap projects this year. I'm excited to see how they turn out. I'll share photos! I'm also going to attempt yet again to learn how to knit. We'll see how it goes. Anyone living north of me watch out. I have a tendency to face north on our couch, and when I get frustrated the needles fly that way. ;)
There is so much more, but I'm so terribly tired tonight. This is a start to what I hope is a leap back into blogging. I'm intending to keep it going as I did before, but we'll have to see how the kid's health goes. When she is more needy online involvement slips. But, isn't that how it is supposed to be? :)
Take care, and I missed everyone!





3 comments:
You sure have been busy this fall. I hope you're all feeling well ASAP! WHOO HOO about already have a jump start on creating things for Christmas. And, it sure does take a lot of time to write or prepare your own curric. I hope you like Sonlight. We used it for years before switching to TOG.
Thanks, Cynthia. So far we really love Sonlight. We used TOG two years, and while it was great, I think that because I have only one at home now Sonlight seems to fit us so much better. I really enjoy it. I'm hoping that it keeps going this way because I love the company! Thanks for the health well wishes. DD came down with another round of her skin rash/psoriasis, etc tonight. My heart breaks for her that it just keeps continuing. Looks like another trip to the dermatologist this week...
You've been so busy!!!!!
Glad you found a curriculum that's a great fit for this season in your life.
Post a Comment