Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Nothing too exciting today...

We had a very calm day. C played with our new little guest in the morning, and we got him on the bus just after lunch. (Today was day one of babysitting!) It was nice to be able to just get things straightened and ready today. I spent a lot of time getting my desk organized, folders back into shape, etc. I planned on easing into lessons today and then slowly add a bit or two over the next few days so that Monday was a full load. My plan was thwarted! (I just love that word, but rarely get the chance to use it!) C was HYPER - deserving caps and a repeat - HYPER today after playing so much! Out of self preservation I made her take a book up to bed for a 30-minute "quiet time" to get in a good mindset for lessons. When I went up to tell her that it was time to wrap it up I found her asleep. We knew that she still needed some rest after the hectic pace of the holidays, but she slept for three hours! :-O I decided if the kid needed that much sleep we were going to have another day of rest and start lessons tomorrow.

My books came! It was a highlight for me. :) I was very surprised at how quickly they got here. HOW shipped them out the day that I ordered them. Great service! I've made it through the introduction of Our Father Abraham, but it's so tempting to grab some of the other books! I'm being a good grown up and reading the book that was recommended by so many to be a good "first read" for the background and history. I have been peeking and reading tables of contents though in the other books....

DH (dear husband) is busy watching one of the bowl games. At this point I've seen so many that they are all a blur. I literally couldn't sit through this one so I used the time to read, take a nice bath, and catch up on some blog reading. After a quick read through of the news I'm heading to bed. (I can't seem to tolerate too much visual news on the TV so I prefer to read it.)

Sweet dreams to all...

2 comments:

Diann said...

I am also in the middle of "Our Father Abraham..." It's a very interesting read and I find the background fascinating

Diann from SHS

Stephanie said...

Did you have the same initial problem that I have had of connecting with the "tone?" I don't know why, but for some reason I get sleepy when I read it. :) I'm only about 20 pages into it though, so I shouldn't judge just yet. I think that it might have to do with me being really worn out the last few days though, so I'm heading into it again today. I love the information, and it's really caused a stir in me. Let me know if you want to discuss it "off line." :)