
I'm having so much fun with the holidays this year! I've finished another project, this one for a family member. I don't think that they read the blog, but I'm not listing her name just in case. ;)
It took me the down time of a few days to make this handy bag. It cleared out my stash - o - bags under the kitchen cabinet, and I recycled some bags into something very handy. If you haven't ever heard of plarn, it's great! Made from plastic sacks it really makes a nice, handy "yarn" to work with. It's another check in our column for the green crowd! I have to admit that cutting it into strips and weaving it together could get a little mundane, but all in all it was a very fun, and fast, project once the plarn was made. And, it's very sturdy. DH and I both think that it will handle a lot of wear and tear. And, it will be great for the summer when we are lugging around wet swim suits, too!
I also earned some nice browning points from dh who now things crafting is fabulous!
To learn more about making plarn, visit this great site! She has patterns available that are fabulous. I made the Market Bag pattern with Kroger bags. I loved how the crochet gives it a great blue speckled appearance. I think I'm going to make one for myself after the holidays!





4 comments:
Wow! I would never guess this was made from plastic bags!!
Pretty blog!
I think you're right, it is addictive. i think I'll be changing templates once a month!
Thanks guys!
Jodi - It was super easy too! I love the idea of reusing something. And, it's "free" which is fabulous for me!
Dorothy - Thanks for getting me hooked. lol I've been playing with settings for far too long this morning. And I've already picked out a few that I want to use in January. lol
VERY NICE!
Post a Comment